What's new

Sony BDP-300 Returned, Back to PS3 (1 Viewer)

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
To make a long Story short guys, I had a friend that really needed a PS3, and I wasn't using my PS3 60 Gig at all for Video games, so I sold it to him, and traded up to the new Sony BDP300... Well after living with this unit for 3 days it went right back to Best Buy, and got another PS3 80 Gig version... The Sony was brand new and had the latest Firmware 2.6.. It took this unit almost 4 minutes to Load POTC.. Standard Blu Ray titles took about 1.5 minutes with boot up and playing to the first menu...
Sony should be ashamed of themselves releasing a product that takes 1.5 to 4 minutes to boot. The PS3 takes 30 seconds on POTC to get to video playback...
My point is, if they can do it right in the PS3, why can't they get it right on a stand alone...
I am not giving up this PS3 for some time now.... Until Stand Alone units are fast, and problem free...

troy evans

Screenwriter
Don't know what's happening? I've never had load times even close to that on my BDP S300. Usually around 25 to 30 seconds is my wait time.

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Then I may have had a defective unit, the load times were just insane. Regular blu ray titles took about 60 to 90 seconds...

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
The POTC flicks and FANTASTIC FOUR 2 take a really long time to load on my BDP-300(around 2-4 minutes). Otherwise, my experience is closer to Troy's.

Captain Spaulding

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
Steven Simon said:
Then I may have had a defective unit, the load times were just insane. Regular blu ray titles took about 60 to 90 seconds...
I can confirm similar load times with the BDP-300 that I had. In addition to the disc load times, it also took an excessive amount of time to be able to open the disc tray after turning the player on. I returned it for the Panasonic player and am much happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks