What's new

Sony A90J 2021 OLED buyers and owners thread (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Up to 83"
Brighter
Bravia XR "AI" processor
HDMI 2.1

Looks like LG won't be competitive with the high brightness mode at 83" and B&H just leaked the price for the big daddy at $7999. At that price I won't be first in the pool but if it drops to under $4k around Black Friday I will be sorely tempted....

TheFOMO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Quinn
Honestly, $8000 is impressive for an 83" next gen bright OLED. This leads me to wonder: dimmer 8K LG OLED that's more than twice as much versus the 4K 83" A90J. I can see why now LG is not selling the 83" EVO - side by side, every customer would choose this over the dimmer 8K OLED

TheFOMO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Quinn
Let people know that Robert Z will be on live this Saturday at 3PM PT/ 6 ET to discuss the 2021 Sony TV lineup (including the Sony A90J). We can't talk prices yet, but we can talk about the specs and other model specific details not revealed at CES.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Sometime after midnight ET I'll be listing the 65" and 55" A90J Master Series OLED prices and our availability dates. Sony was very nice to us to include VE in the first allocations!

By the end of the day tomorrow I'll have the A90J .pdf spec. sheet including the 83" specifications.

Here's my A90J URL where the prices and ship dates will be posted.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
55A90J $2,997, 1st allocation shipping this Friday, 2/19 - 65A90J $3,997, 1st allocation shipping week of March 8th.
All of our products & prices include delivery to your home. We offer 2 yrs interest free financing & accept all credit cards.

TheFOMO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Quinn
55A90J $2,997, 1st allocation shipping this Friday, 2/19 - 65A90J $3,997, 1st allocation shipping week of March 8th.
All of our products & prices include delivery to your home. We offer 2 yrs interest free financing & accept all credit cards.
Robert, time for the question we've all been dying to know:

When will you be able to tell us more about the 83" A90J in terms of allocation and pre-order dates? I need to mark my calendar and get in line!

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Yes, the re-engineered OLED module with Sony's priority heat sync and the panel stabilized cooling system adds to the manufacturing costs as does the manual Q/C, setting the white point and calibration at the factory brings up the costs to build the Master Series models.

The XR processor with extra memory and 3 years of engineering development and the upgraded built-in audio have also added costs. This is a very nice upgrade for the 2021 model year in premium TVs.

edvb1

Auditioning
Real Name
Edward Van Belkom
Hi Robert

Will your A90J .pdf spec. sheet for the 83" show the back of the unit and the dimensions of the VESA pattern and where it is located from the bottom of the TV?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks