What's new

Sometimes I cry for no reason (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
When I'm lying on my side, sometimes I shed one tear at the corner of the bottom eye for no reason at all. Does this happen to anyone else? Any explanation?

~T

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Sitting, standing, lying down... I cry all the time. But then, I'm a sad pathetic guy.
:frowning:
MC

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Sounds to me like you aren't crying. Your tear ducts are working for some reason caused perhaps by having something in your eye that you aren't noticing or feeling but it's triggering the reaction.

I tear up every time I yawn. But then again, I'm a mutant.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Your tear ducts, which are just small tubes that connect your eyeball socket to your sinuses, don't produce tears as many people think. That's done by the tear gland.

Gravity normally allows fluid to drain through the tear ducts from your eyes into your sinuses, which is why we get all blubbery when we cry. But when we lie down, the fluid tends to go the other direction, from our sinuses to our eyes, causing the condition you describe.

That crusty stuff you dig out of the corners of your eyes every morning? That's actually snot that gravitated into your eyes through your tear ducts while you slept.

Sorry, but you did ask.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
That crusty stuff you dig out of the corners of your eyes every morning? That's actually snot that gravitated into your eyes through your tear ducts while you slept.
Wow. My dog gets that a lot but it's black. Is it from his snot too?

~T

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
This happens to me too sometimes. I tell my wife I'm crying, then I get special treatment.;)
She still has yet to see me really cry and really wants to for some reason.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I cry all the time... because I can still hear the screams... oh the screams!

I just haven't felt the same since..... the accident.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I tear up every time I yawn. But then again, I'm a mutant.
Finally! Good to know someone else experiences this - I can't tell you how many times someone (usually a female coworker) has asked me if I am ok, when I realize I had just yawned, and my eyes are all watery.
Otherwise, nope, doesn't happen. I feel things pretty deeply (as I think do most men) but just don't feel the need or inclination to cry much.
'Course, show me a movie in which a trusty canine companion goes to the big yard in the sky, and I'm a pile of mush.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
And sometimes my sisters are so oppressive that I feel like smashing things. :)
~T

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
What's that weird gland that squirts out liquid from under your tongue when you yawn? And what in the world is it for? It can be pretty damned embarrassing sometimes.
I had a friend once who could squirt out water (or whatever it is) on demand. A useless talent, to be sure, but like wiggling ears, endlessly fascinating. He didn't know what it was or what it was for either.
I cry a lot. It doesn't take much to get me going. I cried at Punch-Drunk Love, let me tell you! What a beautiful film!

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Vickie, which part/parts made you cry in that movie?
I tend to cry more the more familiar I am with a movie. I'm more emotional the 10th time I've seen a film than the first. You should SEE me blubber when I watch Moulin Rouge and Fellowship of the Ring (both of which I've seen over a dozen times). I'll be an emotional mess by the time I've seen P-DL on DVD a few more times.
The most wonderful thing is, my husband is exactly the same way, and also loves all the movies I just mentioned. We're a couple of sentimental saps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks