What's new

Sometimes I cry for no reason (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Vickie, I didn't cry during any of those movies. How are with The Elephant Man, Terms of Endearment, and City Lights?

Sometimes when I make the "L" sound I unintentionally do that squirting saliva thing.

~T

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Terms of Endearment said:
Satine's death
that gets me in FOTR. I'd make a terrible funeral director.
The Elephant Man helped bring my husband and I together. It was the first movie we saw together after meeting. We were at the stage when we were getting to know each other, before even the hand-holding, touching and hugging stage. It was on cable, and though we had each seen it before, we decided to watch it. I think we subconsciously knew that it would make a good "test" for the other. By the time it was over, we were sitting close together on the floor, with a box of Kleenex between us and knew that we were soul mates, at least in regards to being appropriately emotional to characters in films. There were some other tests, but that was a very important one.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
It doesn't take much to get me going. I cried at Punch-Drunk Love, let me tell you! What a beautiful film!
no crying here, but it was a great film. How can it not, it's PTA :)
I LOVED watching all the people storm out of the theater all pissed off during the first 15 minutes though :D :D

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Vickie, City Lights is the Chaplin with the blind girl. You need to see it if you haven't already! Buy the DVD because you'll likely be seeing it more than once. The reaction to something gets to me too. Right now, I can only think of Elephant Man and Iron Giant where I get emotional with no character's reaction to something. You might want to edit your post to add the spoiler tags.

~T

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
What's that weird gland that squirts out liquid from under your tongue when you yawn? And what in the world is it for? It can be pretty damned embarrassing sometimes.

I had a friend once who could squirt out water (or whatever it is) on demand. A useless talent, to be sure, but like wiggling ears, endlessly fascinating. He didn't know what it was or what it was for either.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Vickie, that's a nice story about you and your husband.

WB's marketing was the most likely reason The Iron Giant didn't do well. I think families went to see Inspector Gadget instead. But now, it seems like it's getting the audience it deserves: Cartoon Network had that 24-hour marathon in July and shows it from time to time, and the DVD is one of the 5 free ones from purchasing a DVD player.

~T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks