Something very bizarre at AICN

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott D S, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Scott D S

Scott D S Supporting Actor

Scott Saslow
    I take this with a grain of salt but it sounds very interesting and, as a Marx Brothers fan, I am very curious as to how this will turn out. It can go either way.

Check this out

2. BarryR

BarryR Supporting Actor

BARRY RIVADUE
    Interesting to say the least, but one little correction--John Cherry did an "abysmal" take on Laurel & Hardy, not Abbott & Costello. Yeesh.

3. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

Casting and chemestry would be key in something like this. I also think that you can't do this with stars. That would just take the audience right out of the film.

To be honest, a project like this really has a low probability of success. There are just too many problems of imitating the style of the Marx Bros. and getting people to belive in it. I believe that good comedy is hard to do, especially when you are trying to do an ensemble that is supposed to be guys who have been working years at it, when in reality they aren't. I wish them luck.

Jason

4. Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck Screenwriter

Bryan Tuck
    The first thing that popped in my mind upon seeing that subject line was, "What else is new?" [​IMG]

At any rate, this kind of thing makes me nervous. It could work, but it would have to be handled very delicately.

5. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    I dunno... I still wake up screaming from visions of Fred Astaire dancing with a vacuum cleaner.

No Thanks.