What's new

Something very bizarre at AICN (1 Viewer)

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
I take this with a grain of salt but it sounds very interesting and, as a Marx Brothers fan, I am very curious as to how this will turn out. It can go either way.

Check this out

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
Interesting to say the least, but one little correction--John Cherry did an "abysmal" take on Laurel & Hardy, not Abbott & Costello. Yeesh.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Casting and chemestry would be key in something like this. I also think that you can't do this with stars. That would just take the audience right out of the film.

To be honest, a project like this really has a low probability of success. There are just too many problems of imitating the style of the Marx Bros. and getting people to belive in it. I believe that good comedy is hard to do, especially when you are trying to do an ensemble that is supposed to be guys who have been working years at it, when in reality they aren't. I wish them luck.

Jason

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
The first thing that popped in my mind upon seeing that subject line was, "What else is new?" :D

At any rate, this kind of thing makes me nervous. It could work, but it would have to be handled very delicately.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
I dunno... I still wake up screaming from visions of Fred Astaire dancing with a vacuum cleaner.

No Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks