What's new

Some people are so rude..... (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Hey all,it's yet another one of those "rude people" threads. I just had to post my experience from last night though because it simply floors me and at the time it really pissed me off.

Last night at Wal-Mart we were walking out of the store,now at our Wal-Mart we have a foyer that leads out to the parking lot and often times there will be cars parked out in front of the exit doors. Anyways, my companion was ahead of me and was already in the parking lot and I was trying to follow. I waited and looked on my blind side to make sure no one was coming and I was clear to walk out after my companion from the doors when out of no where this woman practically walks up and "rushes me" nailing me in the knee with her wal-mart bag and walking on my shoe with her high heels:angry: . The lady did not even have a "excuse me" or "I'm sorry" she said nothing and before I could turn around to confront her she was already have way down the sidewalk heading towards gardening. The most I could do was turn around in the parking lot and scream at her "excuse me!"

It is just unbelievable to me. I mean I've dealt with rude people before but never anyone that fucking rude, what is wrong with these people? I'm done ranting, I just had to get this off my chest.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Keith, No offense toward you, but I don't think "Common Courtesy" is a trait found in most Wal-Mart shoppers. :D

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
You should have drop kicked her in the back, and had somebody video tape it.

Then you could post it here, and become a local hero,an internet legend if you will, that of which is only matched by fat kids immitating star wars.

You would truely be the king of kings, and if dropkicking a rude women in the back is what it takes, then godspeed good man, godspeed!

Burke Strickland

Second Unit
While the woman who stepped on your shoe in her haste to push her way past you was unacceptably rude, you’re lucky she didn't have her boyfriend come back and KILL you for getting in her way!

That kind of incident happened less than a year and a half ago at the Wal-Mart closest to where I live. Apparently a man shopping with his wife got into an argument with a woman over where people were walking in a crowded aisle, so (according to the news report) after words were exchanged, the woman threatened to get her husband to assault the victim. Along with a couple of other thugs, her husband found the dude and beat him until he was unconscious while the other two kicked him. He was pronounced dead at the hospital. The main perp was charged with manslaughter and his two accomplices were released without being charged.

According to the news report, the victim's wife said that the perp should have been charged with murder and that Wal-Mart did not have enough security, and is partly to blame for her husband's death. A Wal-Mart representative said "There is no doubt this is a tragedy. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family. We are committed to providing a safe environment for our customers. We would like to think we did everything we could have done." It was scary to read the article and realize that I had been in that store to buy some items less than an hour before the incident occurred.

Wal-Mart does have low prices on a lot of goods (substantially lower than competitors in the neighborhood) and when the store isn't too crowded, people seem to get a long while shopping there (at least not coming to blows). I've mentioned to the store manager a couple of times since then that for safety they should leave the aisles clear, but they continue to pile them high, "warehouse-style".

I'm just hoping the next incident doesn't happen while I'm in there. I went in a couple of nights ago to pick up a couple of items they had advertised for "cheap" -- and walked right back out without even looking for them when I saw how congested the store was and how long the check-out lines were -- that's when the shoppers tend to get surly.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Burke, so she didn't even ask him to move, or did she and he said no? Not that it makes it justifiable, but if she didn't try to reason at all, then DAMN...

Damian James

Stunt Coordinator
She also might have been stealing something and wanted to get out of the store in a hurry. Recycled bag maybe?

Burke Strickland

Second Unit
The news report was kind of sketchy about who said what to whom during the argument, so I don't know for sure whether the woman asked him to move out of the way and was refused or not. But even if the woman who went for her husband had been insulted with ethnic slurs, references to her genealogy, IQ or looks, (and there was no mention of any of that kind of verbal exchange in the news reports I read), the husband of the woman (who wasn't even on the scene at the time of the argument) took overly severe action in retribution.

I haven't seen any follow-up reports about the punishment he might have received for killing the man. But the incident sure makes me wonder when I read about people getting really belligerent and confrontational at movie theaters when someone does something they don't like (such as talking on their cell phone during the movie, speaking of rude people) instead of calling for "security" to take care of it -- they may think they are in the right, but even if they "win", if they injure someone and are charged with assault or worse, they "lose".

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
A giant Wal-Mart opened near me about a year ago. One day I was waiting on line to check out some razor blades, toiletries and stuff. After the person in front of me was finished the cashier simply walked away a few feet from her post. She said nothing to me. The store manager walked up to her and they started talking. Perplexed (actually pissed-off) I said, "EXCUSE ME!" They ignored me and continued gabbing. Finally about three minutes later the cashier returned and finished my transaction. Never said a word. Sam Walton created a monster.
The place has bad vibes. I prefer Target.. or tar chez as people like to say. Always clean, always enough cashiers and they're friendly.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I would tend to think that most people who shop at Wal-Mart aren't there for a friendly afternoon visit. Most people only go to Wal-Mart to get in and get out as fast as possible. It's not like a mall where you can take your time and spend a leisurely afternoon shopping there.

I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but unfortunately, honesty is pretty brutal:

Most of those people aren't what I'd consider to be upper class. I almost always expect people to be somewhat barbaric and classless whenever I go into that store. They're probably more in a hurry to get back to their miserable lives than to worry about being courteous to you :D

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Most of those people aren't what I'd consider to be upper class. I almost always expect people to be somewhat barbaric and classless
oh, some I'm barbaric and classless:D . Actually while your POV may be a tad extreme I would say I can agree with it moderately because not all Wal-Mart shoppers are like that.

Boy, that is a horrible story that you had Burke. I wonder what happened to the guy who did that.

While rudeness is the point in this thread, I think it is important to remember that it doesn't only occur at Wal-Mart it seems to be a common problem everywhere you go nowadays. I see fine examples of this kind of behavior at the movie theater that I work at. People can't do something as simple as go around to the other ramp without cussing you out or being rude about it.

Part of the problem IMO is society, with some of the stuff in the media but I'm also from the firm belief that you can't blame Tv on everything and that a lot of it is human nature. I'm sure Tv and other stuff has something to do with it though too.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
i went to a target in january and i swore off department stores, still get chills thinking about it
nasty places where people buy plastic crap that they dont need or want...and will kill you for it too
cant understand the attraction. sure the stuff is cheap but when you buy loads of it, the couple of dollars you save is wasted
walmart target kmart ...i'd rather hang out in a cemetery

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I prefer Tar-jhay. The riff-raff tend to stay out of ours.:)
Mark is dead-on. Wal-Mart has a higher-than-average share of has-beens, pissed off about their failures in their own lives, just looking to unload that giant chip on their shoulder onto someone else- violently, if need be. I've run into "these people" there, so I'm not just making a sweeping generalization with no evidence. I usually just give a look, and a "Lighten up, Francis," and go on my way. I stay away for the most part- it's not worth the couple of bucks.

Overall, I'd say it's indicative of us becoming a two-class society- those with class, and those without.:)

Todd

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I've never had bad experiences at K-Mart, Wal-Mart, or Target, so I guess I go at the right times or the ones I've gone to are the exception. :)

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
I shop at Target. WalMart represents a concentrated version of everything I dislike about this country, and the people that shop there are only a small part of that opinion.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Actually while your POV may be a tad extreme I would say I can agree with it moderately because not all Wal-Mart shoppers are like that.
I know. I'm not saying that everyone who goes there is like that, just that overall these kinds of stores attract a class of shopper that I'm not too thrilled with.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't think upper or lower class has anything to do with it. Some of the rudest people I've every met could be considered upper-class while some of the nicest are in the lower-class. A lot of upper-class people seem to have an obvious feeling of superiority and just love to be nasty to those deemed below themselves.

As Keith said:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks