Solaris - possible artwork for DVD? I hope the use French poster rather than American

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Johnny G, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Johnny G

Johnny G Supporting Actor

[​IMG][​IMG]

Is it just me but is the French poster much better than the regular version?

With the DVD expected to be announced for North America in the next few weeks, I hope that Fox see sense and make the cover a little more appealing than their bland poster.

2. Bill J

Bill J Producer

I actually much prefer the regular version. The second link isn't working, though.

3. Nathan V

Nathan V Supporting Actor

Damn, that French poster looks bad. Criterion would never do a cover like that. I can't see the second link.
    I hope Fox does a spec. ed/two disc set on this, like they did with Fight Club, and help build a cult following for this movie. Parts of it are just amazing.

4. BarryNS

BarryNS Stunt Coordinator

Is there a North American release date in the works yet? I left the theater with mixed feelings on this one back before Christmas, but there are parts of if I just can't get out of my head!

5. Bill J

Bill J Producer

Considering the box office failure of this film, shouldn't we have received a street date and specs by now?

6. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

The Digital Bits Rumor Mill indicates a mid-June release.

-Dave

7. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    I found it funny how Fox tired to market this as just a romance flick. Just take a look at the second poster (copy and paste the link from properties). The teaser trailer was alright, but the commercials I saw didn't even mention the sci-fi aspect of the film. It was simply just shots of people kissing.