What's new

So Who's Scheduling a Viewing of King Kong vs Godzilla and King Kong Escapes for the (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Day after Thanksgiving ?

Oh what memories that will bring !!!!!

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Ive got mine pre ordered. If there isnt a review up by the time I get it, Ill be sure to post my thoughts.

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
Just Googled King Kong Escapes and nary a single review for it (or K K vs. Godzilla) anywhere I can find on the web. A shame. And they come out in less than 5 days!

Anybody know of an online review?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Better Yet anyone know a Brick and Morter that will actually be carrying them?

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor

I actually heard about a few folks picking 'em up at Best Buy the same day that they got their orig. Kong set. I didn't even bother to check.

Joseph Goodman

Stunt Coordinator
I've only spot-checked these discs, but they look excellent for what they are.

These look as good as they possibly can, without Universal getting new elements from Toho or having someone like DTS Digital Imaging clean up the video.

Bear in mind that these are from 40-year old dupes, and that the duplication film stocks of those days added a lot more grain and contrast to each generation than those of today, so these are NOT going to look as good as what Sony is putting out mastered from new interpositives Toho sends them. In fact, you can see how the duplication stocks improved between 1963 and 1968 by looking at how much better KKE looks!

Indeed, I would expect Classic Media's remasters of the US versions of titles* they control to look somewhat similar in quality to these two discs, unless they re-construct them from the new materials Toho sends them.

*(these will be coming next summer)

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
I'll be interested in how King Kong Escapes looks in comparison to Toho's (wonderful) R2 release. Mine shipped Fri. from deepdiscount, so hopefully I'll find out fairly soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks