What's new

So now WB is getting CREATIVE with its SNAPPER CASES? (1 Viewer)

Lanny_B

Second Unit
I saw the latest Scooby-Doo DVD's in stores today, and I thought it was hilarious- not the movie, mind you, the cases. They actually took the time to design custom colors of the snapper case for the Widescreen/FS versions. Anybody out there want an "artistically designed" snapper case? Exactly what are they thinking up there at Warner? Convince us to like the snapper? What's wrong with them?

Unless they get this figured out soon, Matrix Reloaded will get the same fate.

MattHR

Screenwriter
I saw a huge display of SCOOBY-DOO dvds today and every one had packaging that was "warped" severely. I think the plastic that was used to create the green snapper case must be inferior and allows the package to bend when shrinkwrapped. They looked terrible in that condition...but then so do all non-warped snappers.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
You know what's wrong with WB?
They pay too much attention to the content of the DVD instead of the cover design!
I refuse to buy their movies until they're in snapper cases 'cause they look bad on my shelves. :D

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I don't like snappers either, but I'd take all DVDs in snappers if it meant every studio would put out quality discs as Warner has been doing. If they would start using some nice Amarays it would be the icing on the cake.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Patrick, :laugh::emoji_thumbsup:
I don't get the big problem with the snappers either.
Folks, it's just a container. You are actually buying them for the movies right?

Lanny_B

Second Unit
I'm buying the whole package, not just the movie. But, yes, I'd rather have a really nicely done DVD in bad packaging than the other way around.

Movies I love like Superman, The Matrix, and The Iron Giant could sure use some awesome packaging to match the awesome movies that they are.

Aaryn Chan

Supporting Actor
It is because of complaints like these that Studios don't listen to us anymore. Way pointless complaints.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
So Rain and Patrick, can we assume that you own NO HARDBACK books? ;)
Sure, I'd rather have paperback of LOTR than a hardback of Hannibal (the books mind you), but if given the choice between a nice hardback version of LOTR or the paperback...
thus the complaints here about Snappers.
No one is staging a protest or anything, just stating a preference.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Myself, I've never had a problem nor complaint with snapper cases. I don't mind them at all. Besides, DVDs could all be packaged in slipcases. Count your blessings, folks.

Keith Helms

Stunt Coordinator
Folks, it's just a container. You are actually buying them for the movies right?
I plan on keeping my movies for several years, if not for decades, and I would like them to come in a durable, stackable case where I don't worry too much about whether a little spill will ruin the artwork, or piling them more than a few deep will collapse the box, or removing the security strips will tear the cover. All the other studios are able to package their DVDs in more rugged plastic cases. Why not Warner?

Dan Kaplan

Stunt Coordinator
I took very good care of my old VHS collection, and even so, those cardboard cases were looking pretty darn frayed...

'nuff said.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks