What's new

So NoTORIous - New VH1 Comedy Series (1 Viewer)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Did anyone else catch the premiere is past Sunday night? It was way beyond what I expected. Tori Spelling takes huge potshots at her perceived image (and her family) in a slightly fictionalized take on her life... Apparently not fictionalized enough since the gossip columns are full of stories that Tori's Mom has threatened to sue Tori over the show's depiction of her home life and that neither one of her parents are currently speaking to her.

The show is really funny, especially the flashbacks to young Tori's mistreatment at the hands of her very own Mommie Dearest, Kiki, played by Loni Anderson. Dad, Aaron, is depicted as a Charlie-esque voice emanating from a phone (complete with the CA theme), too busy with his TV shows to see Tori in person but always wanting to hire her for another show. In typical sitcom fashion, Tori has 2 friends, the money grubber & the closeted gay guy. But unlike your average sitcom, the show smartly plays them against type. She also has a man-whore roommate (Tori refuses to take money from her father and lives off her own money), who ends the first episode bedding neighbor, Farrah Fawcett, played by the one & only with a vicious stab at her own image.

Fantastic character actors Natalia Nogulich (Adm. Nechayev from TNG/DS9 & Mrs. Shirley in Christmas Vacation) & Brian George (Babu on Seinfeld) play gay guy, Sasan's, Iranian parents who are in the dark about their son's obvious orientation. Sasan has let his parents, who adore Tori, think that she is his beloved much to her surprise. Tori has great comic timing which is put on display in the first episode when she has a comic meltdown at a party she's throwing to impress the gaffer she met on the set of her latest Lifetime-esque movie. Tori goes on to skewer Scientology & Tom Cruise in Episode 2.

VH! is re-airing the first 2 episodes multiple times this week for anyone who missed it. Definitely worth a try to those looking for a good untraditional sitcom. :emoji_thumbsup:

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I tivoed it but havent had time to watch more than the first ten minutes. What I did see, I liked. I will be watching the rest some time this week.
How long till Shannon Doherty makes an appearance???

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
There was a gossipy bit in next week's TV Guide that the show will be doing a flashback to Tori's 90210 days and that Shannen would be represented as a "looming shadow with an Exorcist voice". :laugh:

So much for the Shannen vs. Tori feud being over.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks