What's new

So If Now isn't the Best time to Release a Batman SE when is? (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I can't Believe Warner is missing this Opportunity to Remaster and release Special Editions of these films. I wanted to Watch the Original Prior to seeing the New Film Next Week, I sat Down, booted up my HTPC and started to Watch it on my 96" Screen, I got to Billy Dee Williams and Shut the Movie off. It just Isn't viewable on a Large sceen set, the Movie is probably the First of Ten I bought when I got into the DVD Format back in 1997. When SE's of "Man on Fire" and "I Robot" can come out after the original 2 months later, and the originals were Fine to begin with, I cannot fathom not rereleasing a Classic movie when interest is high. C'mon Warner Let me watch Batman again.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Maybe, they'll release them when this latest Batman film comes out on dvd.

Crawdaddy

Bolivar G

Second Unit
I dont own any of the batman movies. Been holding out for some SE's if they ever come out.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah maybe in Oct we'll get the Long Rumored SE's my only Fear is Warner Forcing me into Buying Batman Forever or (Shudder) Batman and Robin to get the first two

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
I've also been waiting to replace the first 2 Batman movies (lost in Hurricane Charley) as they were terrible & I thought for sure this year would bring SEs. It would have made more sense to put them out now (with MovieCash to really boost Batman Begin's grosses) but now gotta hope for them in conjunction with the Batman Begin's dvd. I also shudder at the thought of a boxset with no individual releases though the 3rd & 4th movie discs would make decorative drink coasters.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I think the reason for not releasing the batman films during the theatre release... there are a couple of reason.. A) this new movie is a start over b) Director S is still working on his directors cut for BF.. C)don't want the old movies to overshadow the new one.

just have to be patient.. which is not fun for anyone.

JACOB

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
The other thread on these discs, as well as the Warner chat seemed to indicate that these were coming, likely as a tie in with Batman Begins. I don't think there's official word on separate releases/features etc, but I suppose we'll see something official before too long-perhaps with the DVD announcement of Begins.

Either way, I'd probably break down and buy a boxset, especially if the price is kept low (I'm thinking $40-50 for all 4 films plus extras).

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I think Warner missed the boat by not having these out with the theatrical release of the movie. Same goes for Fox and the 1966 TV show. I have confidence that the new movie will do very well and be a big hit, and both Warner and Fox will be clamoring for shelf space in the always-crowded fourth quarter. But late May/early June would have been the time to get these out there.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I expect their intention is to do the release of the SE with the DVD of BB. Better to take their time than to do another half-assed release of it.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
when would be the best time if not now?

May of 2009.

you did ask.

i wonder if Warner not wanting to release these before the new film, has anything to do with them wanting to maintain a distance between the impressions of the older films and the integrity of the new one.
it would have seemed on paper to be the opportune time to build hype for the new movie, but since the whole rationale behind the new film is to break away from the previous films, maybe a release later would be more appropriate.
i'm sure they will be out to attend the release of the new film on dvd (or HD DVD)

Jonathan Kaye

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Kaye
Dave, don't take this personally, but what's with the random use of title case ("this Opportunity to Remaster and release", for example)?:confused:

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
I saw BATMAN BEGINS last night at a screening. All I can say is "WOW!". It out does any of the past BATMAN movies. It even makes Tim Burton's look bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks