What's new
World Wide Stereo

So I ordered a Dayton sub the other night (1 Viewer)

Lee_L

Stunt Coordinator
It should be here by Monday!:D I ordered the 100w 10" finished sub, here's the link:
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...number=300-632
I've read on here that it's probably the best for such a low amount of money, and since I'm a college kid, I went for it. I plan on upgrading it in a few years anyway, so hopefully it'll please my ears until then! :emoji_thumbsup:

728x90

VinhT

Second Unit
Doesn't matter whether you're in college or not, it's a very nice sub and is my sole recommendation under $400.

Lee_L

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, under $400??? Even though it's only $125? :eek: I can't wait to get it, UPS says Monday but I'm getting worried. It arrived in Illinois yesterday and departed from there at about 1:45 pm, it's about 3:10 pm today and there's no update. :frowning:

eddieZEN

Second Unit
Lee, please let me know how you like it when you receive it, I'm curious too.

I bought a JBL e150 ($170 new, shipped from eBay but LOL retails for $300 at Best Buy) about six months ago and have never stopped regretting it.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
My Dayton (with BFD) is awesome in my setup.
I really couldn't imagine anything more in my apt. setting right now. Already shakes the house no problem.

Tight and fast for music, but wall/floor rattling for those LOW bass scenes in movies.

Lee_L

Stunt Coordinator
MikeyWeitz, I've been seeing that "BFD" on the forum, but I don't know what it stands for, care to clue me in?

KenLeBlanc

Stunt Coordinator
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=248-656

BEHRINGER FEEDBACK DESTROYER

People use it to EQ their Sub (even though that was not it's primary purpose).

I recently got a JBL E250p and am happy with it. I was expecting a little more but for the price I paid I really can't complain... Haven't figured out the SPL yet and I need to buy the Avia disk. Also considering a used BFD but they're so darn ugly :D

Lee_L

Stunt Coordinator
Oh man, I know about that thing! But I'm a musician, so I've seen it in mags, online, etc. I didn't know you guys were using it for your subs, may I ask why?

David Bikeman

Stunt Coordinator
"Oh man, I know about that thing! But I'm a musician, so I've seen it in mags, online, etc. I didn't know you guys were using it for your subs, may I ask why?"

Because it's the best low cost sub equalizer on the market.

http://www.snapbug.ws/bfd.htm

David

eddieZEN

Second Unit
Lee,

Because it's a cheap POS that doesn't go very deep without getting boomy and resonating/buzzing so I have to adjust the gain very carefully for different kinds of output. Slow and muddy too.

David Bikeman

Stunt Coordinator
"Because it's a cheap POS that doesn't go very deep without getting boomy and resonating/buzzing so I have to adjust the gain very carefully for different kinds of output. Slow and muddy too. "

Are you referring to the sub or the BFD? You responded to the post about the BFD so I'll assume that's what you mean. If so, your experience is way, way out of line with most of the experiences posted here and in other forums.

David

eddieZEN

Second Unit
Yes, my JBL sub is a cheap POS. I'm not really sure I even know what in the hell a BFD is! :D

ray tubach

Stunt Coordinator
eddie said: "I'm not really sure I even know what in the hell a BFD is!"

welllll, sometimes it stands for Big F****** Deal.

as in "so what?"

but not this time...

:D

KenLeBlanc

Stunt Coordinator
Eddie, sorry to hear you're dissapointed with your JBL. I recently bought the 12" (E250P) and am very impressed. Just watched the "Incredibles" and the Living Room was shaking. Can't imagine needing more bass. No port noise either which was a prob. with my old sub. For the price ($249 del no tax) this sub is amazing.

eddieZEN

Second Unit
Yes I've read that the e250 is significantly better than the e150...I knew I should've forked out the extra $75 or so for it!

On the other hand I shudder to imagine how something could be significantly worse, LOL. (Well, excluding Bose of course.)

Lee_L

Stunt Coordinator
Well guys, the sub should be here tomorrow (or technically, later today) and I'm REALLY excited, and very anxious. I've been holding off on renting certain movies because of my lack of subwoofer. I can't wait! I'll get a report up ASAP. By the way, I plan on putting this in a corner, but what direction should the port face?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks