What's new

So how bad really, is the content in GTA3? (1 Viewer)

Leroy

Second Unit
You shoot the finger on occasion too!!:D
I honestly haven't had this much fun with a game since Half-Life(and I'm not comparing anything other than my own fun factor). Nothing like getting a 4 flashing badges and seeing the cops, SWAT and the feds chasing you down and mowing over more pedestrians than you did in the first place!:emoji_thumbsup:
You guys forgot to mention that aside from the main and side missions, there are all stunt bonuses you can try for, collect all 100 hidden packages, vigilante missions, rampage missions, taxi and ambulance missions all for extra$$$. It's also fun to walk around an read all the signs and such for some pretty hilarious double entedres(sp?).

Gordon C Jr

Stunt Coordinator
I would give the game more of an R rating.. If you wanted to, you can get a Tank and destroy everything (people, cars, police, etc..) in your way until the FBI and national guard are after you.. Then you can hide someplace and shoot down their helicopter with a bazooka...
You can do Drive-by shootings, just because... Or take out a group of gang members playings basketball.
You contantly run over people..
You can plant a bomb on someones car..
You can climb on top some buildings and pick pedesdrians off with a sniper rifle, untill the cops show up. Then you can drop bombs on the cops...
You can beat the s%&t out of someone and steal their moeny or whatever they are carrying.. Then walk through their blood and produce blood trail from your footsteps..
If you walk (not run) in front of a car, the car will honk and you will automatically flip them the bird..
You can steal a cab, then give the driver a lift and charge for it..
Certain parts of town, you are contantly shot at and many times your car will blow up..(No problem though, just steal the next nearest car)
It's breaks most moral code and I would never play this game around kids. It was banned in Australia (although I think that was lifted)
I think the extreme rating of this game stems from the moral issues and how easy it is to break so many laws and get away with it, rather than a concern about realistic graphics of intestines shot out or heads ripped off.
That being said... I love to play the game :D

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The ban in Australia wasn't lifted. It was enforced after its release (so there are some legal copies out there) and then an edited version was made.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Ummm, I hate to bring this up, but do you work for the MPAA?

So it's OK to grab a hooker, have your way and then run her over, take your money back and drive off, set hordes of people on fire, and do other mob buisness, AS LONG AS THERE AREN'T ANY NAUGHTY WORDS!

I'm not against the game at all, that just really rubs me the wrong way.

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
someone mentioned walking around and reading the various signs. has anyone noticed the one in the airport. its the scrolling kinda (near the back where the planes are stored). If you read it long enough, it spits out a www url to a gta website something like "http://www...com/gta3/cheat.htm"

i tried this url and got a "page could not be found" I also then emailed the webmaster of the gta website and asked, of course I got not response.

was wondering if anyone else noticed this strange thingy.

yeah..the game is pretty sick too..if you take a normal person (not a video game junkie etc) and ask them to watch for a few minutes..they usually laugh out loud a lot..but conclude that its really a horrible game. we just arent as phased because we're used to the violence in these types of games, and we know its all in fun and dont take it too seriously.

DarrinH

Second Unit
Well its a great stress, anger release for me. I enjoy it because there is so much freedom with other interesting things to do in the game.
Like the jumps around the cities that you can do.
Finding all of the hidden packages around the cities.
Stealing a gang members car in their part of town and watch them try to go ape&*# on you.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I'm curious as to what the point of this thread was in the first place. Surely you can just play it to find out, or have you been 'banned' from playing it?

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Brian,
I was just very curious as to why so many people call it "Very Mature" compared to the other games out there and what makes it "Very Mature", that's all.

As I said, I haven't even seen it played yet and I couldn't play it when I started the thread because I didn't even have a PS2 yet. I just got the PS2 on tuesday night. Maybe I'll rent GTA3 some weekend to give it a shot.

Kami

Screenwriter
Have you guys found the "You're not supposed to be here you know" sign? There's only one possible way to get there...of course some skilled dodo landing MIGHT get you there.

shane_watson

Stunt Coordinator
its so bad that by wife said if our preacher came over he would have to perform an exorcism on my tv to remove any evil content left behind

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks