What's new

Pre-Order Snake Eyes (1998) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81KSBL3E-WL._SY679_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Well, Paramount's certainly vomiting out a lot of titles lately, but only two of their Imprint Australia releases (WAR OF THE WORLDS and BAD NEWS BEARS) are ones that have been offered to the U.S. as well. Why the studio can't also release them here is puzzling...you know, more availability, more sales). We want these Blu-rays as well, except for those that have exorable reviews, such as A PLACE IN THE SUN and DAY OF THE LOCUST. Conversely, why isn't Paramount offering Aussie releases of THE COURT JESTER and ROMAN HOLIDAY? Beats me. Any theories?

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'd like to see this film again. I didn't like it before because I can't stand Nicolas Cage's over-the-top style of acting but perhaps I'll be more tolerant this time.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I like the first half-hour of SNAKE EYES, but remain unimpressed by the remainder. De Palma has made his share of awful (imo) films that also include BONFIRE OF THE VANITIES, RAISING CAIN and (flame-barriers up) SCARFACE. I wish WAC would release FEMME FATALE on Blu, which you can't get anywhere in the world that I've seen.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I like the first half-hour of SNAKE EYES, but remain unimpressed by the remainder. De Palma has made his share of awful (imo) films that also include BONFIRE OF THE VANITIES, RAISING CAIN and (flame-barriers up) SCARFACE. I wish WAC would release FEMME FATALE on Blu, which you can't get anywhere in the world that I've seen.
I hope you're saying that Femme Fatale is as bad as those other films, if not worse than them.:D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Hey, Scarface isn't awful- it's just regularly bad :)

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I hope you're saying that Femme Fatale is as bad as those other films, if not worse than them.:D
You meant to say "Femme Fatale" is a masterpiece, right?

I wish we could see the entire original ending of "Snake Eyes." A portion of it is on the "De Palma" documentary released a few years ago. Fun fact, on the back of the "De Palma" Blu-ray there is a photo of Francis Ford Coppola directing.

Reactions: PMF

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
You sure you’re not confusing it with Red Planet? :D
Ha, no. Red Planet at least had the benefit of Graeme Revell’s score infused with some great Peter Gabriel songs. I found everything about M2M overwrought, but it’s been since my theatrical viewing that I last saw it so a rewatch and reevaluation has to be in the cards.

As for Snake Eyes, I’ve always been a fan, despite its flaws (and the ending that you can tell wasn’t what was originally intended). Fan of the score for this one, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks