What's new

slow part of "Paranoid Android" (1 Viewer)

JordanS

Second Unit
Does anyone else think the slow part of "Paranoid Android" (Radiohead) is just out of this world? I've owned the album for a long time; however, I was able to listen to it on about a $20,000 stereo and I was blown away even more.

What do you all think? Amazing? I'm referring to the part after the epic guitar solo..."rain down come on rain down ...god loves his children."

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
It's one of the best songs of the past 20 years in my opinion. This song, and album would do wonders on SACD or DVD-A.

Imagine it.

JordanS

Second Unit
Chris, I totally agree. I bet "How To Disappear Completely" in hi-rez would be stunning. HTDC and PA are my favorite RH songs.

AricB

Second Unit
Idioteque and mixamatosis, are my current favorites. But now I think I'll have to go back and listen to it.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, yeah, the song is good, whatever.
Tell us about this $20,000 stereo, though. :)

(Seriously, it is a great piece of music)

JordanS

Second Unit
I was actually at the hi-fi store here in Toledo, Ohio. The speakers were the B&W Nautilus 802. The pre-amplifier and amplifier (600 x 2) were McIntosh. The CD player was some high end Sony SACD player.

It was a really awesome experience.:emoji_thumbsup: :)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member

*sigh* My dream speakers.

I think for all of my wonderful service and bright personality, the HTF Music Forum should chip in and buy me a pair. Or steal it, whatever. Please, pretty please?

michael_mo

Stunt Coordinator
Best system i ever heard was a set of Martin Logans. Prodigy IIRC. Duel Krell amps powering each.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
funny, i had a dream about a year before ok computer came out, and it was very (as much as i hate this word) surreal. it was very dark, in the middle of the woods, but there was this old building, but only it wasnt old...go figure, dream logic is always backwards. anyway, i swear that the music from my dream was the slow part to paranoid android. great song, but totally eerie piece of music. always sends shivers up my spine, i suppose the dream i had helps with that.

CJ

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
It is definitely my favorite Radiohead song and probably a Top 5 of all time in my list.

I went to see them live last night and it sounded great. Though it wasn't the highlight of the night, Exit Music was out of this world. Just stunning live.

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
Yep, Exit music blew me out of the water when I saw them a few years ago. Paranoid Android is and was probaly my favorite overall track, but wow... Exit Music live...

I only wish Thom would get past his "sick of guitars" stage. I don't want a rehash, but just something with energy even approaching The Bends or OK Computer.

Chris

Herschel

Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, I love it. Whenever I'm near a piano or keyboard and people ask me to play something, there's a good chance I'll just play that. Ok, that's also because I can never remember how to play much of anything else, but also because I love that part... :D

AricB

Second Unit
In a documentary about the pixies, they comment on how they got away from the guitars because there was only so many pixies albums they could emulate so they had to move on to a different sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks