HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Martin Dew submitted a new blog post

Sling TV improves live TV and cloud storage offerings
Sling_TV_Cloud_DVR_Free-1024x576.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for posting this. I wasn't aware that Sling had added these new channels. Put on my short list of OTT streamers to replace Playstation Vue for me.

If anyone would like to give out their experiences with Sling, please do. If there is anything I should know or test out during the trial, I would love to hear about it.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Thanks for posting this. I wasn't aware that Sling had added these new channels. Put on my short list of OTT streamers to replace Playstation Vue for me.

If anyone would like to give out their experiences with Sling, please do. If there is anything I should know or test out during the trial, I would love to hear about it.

Having used Sling and YouTube TV, I highly recommend YouTube.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Having used Sling and YouTube TV, I highly recommend YouTube.
What is stopping me from YTTV is that they don't have NFL Network or Redzone. Now, I won't need that again until the July/August timeframe, but It's also a bit more expensive.

Since you used both, can you expand on what you liked over Sling?

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
What is stopping me from YTTV is that they don't have NFL Network or Redzone. Now, I won't need that again until the July/August timeframe, but It's also a bit more expensive.

Since you used both, can you expand on what you liked over Sling?

I used Sling for about a year just before YT came out. The biggest issue I had was channels constantly buffering. It was maddening. I did a trial of YT on the same device and all channels would play perfectly.

I also remember not liking how they did the pricing. You had to select Orange or Blue, then piece together the different extra packages. In order to get local networks, my regional Fox Sports network, TCM, etc I had a total package that was more than YT was.

I also like that YT allows you to customize the order channels appear. I have removed channels I never watch, ordered them by news, sports, movies, etc. It’s a small thing but man do I like it.

If I were you honestly I would just do the 7 days trial for all of the services and kick the tires in order to decide...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks