What's new

Slayer... God Hates Us All (1 Viewer)

Christina_DQ

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought this cd & it's the first Slayer album i've gotten. I'm a huge fan of all kinds of genres of music(hard rock,metal,r&b,classical & so on).....but never really got into speed/death metal...just wasn't my thing since they all sounded the same ect to me. But after a freind kept recomending them & to give death metal & other stuff a listen sometime
I thought i'd give them a shot..even though from what i sampled on cdnow.com-all there songs sounded the same!
Looking past that & just wanting an all out sonic assault on the senses...i thought the new cd was very heavy & rocked. It took me a few days to get through the whole album since it was so fast & insane,that it was exhausting to listen to after awhile + of course some songs are hard to tell apart. It was dark,angry,evil,loud & oddly poetic(just read the lyrics!! & it sets a much different tone than the screaming them out in the songs)
I think i'll finnaly check out
some of there other albums as well now...though i'm not a huge fan,but if you ever need just grinding loud angry music,this is it. Though i prefer Maryln Manson anyday for dark,social,angry metal which rocks way more.
Has anyone else got this disc or like the group? What do you think?
[Edited last by Christina_DQ on September 26, 2001 at 09:51 PM]

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I haven't heard the new album yet but after reading what you posted I just may.
I'd recommend picking up Reign In Blood or South Of Heaven. Those are probably my favorite two slayer albums. Hmmm... come to think of it, I liked Seasons In The Abyss too. Give 'em a listen on CD Now, you may like them.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I saw Slayer on a whim during the "Reign in Blood" tour. I am very open minded about music, but I thought they were awful. The opening band, "Overkill" on the other hand, blew me away. They were fantastic.
------------------
Philip Hamm
Pat's the best!™
AIM: PhilBiker
click on the little green house to see the evolution of my home theater!

TimDoss

Second Unit
Reign in Blood is one of the best metal albums ever put
out. Another band to try if you like that album is
Venom... Welcome to Hell and Black Metal were my favorites.

Brion Lydon

Stunt Coordinator
I also recomend picking up Reign in Blood. In my opinion it is the heaviest/best Slayer album ever released, and yes I have God Hates Us All.
Another cool band you should check out is Entombed. Primarily, Wolverine Blues and/or Hollowman. Those two albums are in my opinion as good as Reign in Blood.

Brion Lydon

Stunt Coordinator
Another album you might want to checkout is Slipknot's Iowa. That has been playing in my CD player every night since I bought it about a month ago. Really good CD!

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I must have listened to Reign in Blood 500 times, I never get tired of it.
I refused to listen to anything else Slayer did after the way they treated and booted Dave Lombardo.
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Reign In Blood is by far thier finest effort, although I think South Of Heaven is a close 2nd. Be sure and get the remastered version of Reign with the bonus tracks. The bonus tracks aren't anything great, but the remastered sound is light years ahead of the old Geffen release.
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks