Slayer box set coming November 25th!

Discussion in 'Music' started by Tony-B, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

Slayer is coming out with a 3 disc + 1 DVD box set called "Soundtrack to the Apocalypse" on November 25th.

Disc one will have five tracks from 1986's Reign In Blood, five from 1988’s South Of Heaven, five from 1990’s Seasons In The Abyss, and three from 1991’s Live Decade Of Aggression.

Disc two will have five songs from 1994’s Divine Intervention, three from 1996’s Undisputed Attitude, three from 1998’s Diabolus In Musica, and three from 2001’s God Hates Us All. The disc will also have a bunch of songs that they contributed to soundtracks, two songs found on the Japanese imports of Diabolus In Musica and God Hates Us All, and a cover of "Memories of Tomorrow" by the Suicidal Tendencies.

Disc three will have a bunch of rarities. It will have previously unreleased live recordings from 1983, and stuff from garage rehearsals and home demo recordings.

The DVD will have video of performances and TV appearances of Tom Araya, Kerry King, Jeff Hanneman, and Dave Lombardo.

There will also be a deluxe version with an extra CD that has a full-length concert from their Anaheim appearance on the 2002 God Hates Us All tour (It's going to be packaged in a "blood pack" sleeve, with faux blood and floating skulls), a wall banner, and a replica backstage laminate. The deluxe edition will also be packaged in an "ammo box".

Go to http://www.americanrecordings.com/slayer/news.las for more info. However, I basically posted the whole darn article in my own words... [​IMG]

Wow. This sounds like an excellent box set for Slayer fans! I especially like the sound of the "blood pack" that the live CD will come in. It will probably look like the "Squidgypack" of Nirvana's album, Nevermind.

2. Greg Black

Greg Black Second Unit

That does sound cool, but I have to ask why I'd want to pay extra for two discs of songs I already have? If this is for the Slayer fan, they will probably already have all the studio albums. Why not just release the third disc and DVD together as a 2-disc set? [​IMG]

3. Aurel Savin

Aurel Savin Supporting Actor

Just saw them Saturday in NYC .. what a show ... Reign In Blood in its entirety with Lombardo!!!

I will never see them again as this cannot be topped in my book.

The box set sounds interesting for the DVD and the rarities, but most likely will not get it ... unless there is a good deal on it somewhere.

4. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Ditto. The packaging sounds sweet, but these days it takes a lot to get me to shell out for large clunky box sets and it's pretty much a no-deal if it has material I already have.

I would love to here the live stuff and watch the DVD, though.

5. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

6. Dan Stone

Dan Stone Stunt Coordinator

7. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

8. Dan Stone

Dan Stone Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the link. Sounds like the exact same thing (and same problems) except the Slayer release had red liquid and skulls instead of the blue liquid and babies/dollar bill in the Nirvana release.

9. HankM

HankM Second Unit

I have the Seasons In The Abyss digi blood-pack. The blood has dried up after 10+ years though but it is still regarded as a rare collectable. I will be be getting the deluxe version of this set.

[​IMG]

10. Nathan Gillmore

Nathan Gillmore Stunt Coordinator

Slayer is my second favorite band of all time (2nd only to Tool), but I agree, what's the point of picking this up with all that re-released stuff? I too will only pick it up if I see a killer deal on it.

That concert sounds like it was too insane, would have loved to be there!

11. Chat C

Chat C Agent

Agreed. I would love the box set with the rarities and DVD, I've already got the CDs.

I have the Seasons CD single, and my blood dried up too. (boo-hoo) Love the remix with the spooky flutes though!
    I can now die a happy man after seeing them play Reign in Blood in its entirety last week. Indescribable
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Cliff Olson

Cliff Olson Stunt Coordinator

Hmm, no OLD Slayer? Strange. There's some great stuff on Hell Awaits and Show No Mercy... Still good news, though!

13. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

Cliff, it might be because American Recordings may not have the license to release that stuff.

EDIT: I have found the complete track list for the box set...

14. Aurel Savin

There are quite a few tracks there I've yet to hear and the box is definetelly filled with rarities ... here is hoping for a low MSRP.

15. Joshua_W

Joshua_W Second Unit

My Slayer bloodpack dried up as well. I had it stored away in a safe place (I removed the CD and put in a jewel case) and when I checked it again a few years later, the "blood" was all dried up, leasing nothing but plastic skulls and red residue.

16. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

I only own Reign, South and Seasons on CD.

Sounds like a nice set though. My wallet will need a breqak this month though. Too many cds, games and DVDs. [​IMG]

I wouldve loved to see that show. I did meet Dave Lombardo with Testament a couple years sgo. Really nice guy.

17. Aurel Savin

18. TedT

TedT Second Unit

I've met all of them, but that was way back in the day ('85-'86)

Tom was very, very nice.

Dave was extremely cool.

Kerry was very distant.

Jeff was a dick.

19. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor

20. Chris Medland

Chris Medland Auditioning

This has been a good year: first "War At the Warfield", and now this? Can't wait, although I'll have to use some of my student loan for it!