Slayer - worst CD ever

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Martin Rendall, Mar 25, 2002.

1. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

The CD "God Hates Us All" is really awful. The entire CD has crackling distorting on the left channel. It's a very nasty overdrivin tweeter sound. Could it possibly be deliberate?

Martin.

2. Leif Wall

Leif Wall Second Unit

Maybe a bad cd? I have a friend who bought it and he never mentioned anything about it. He's not exactly an audiophile, but I think he'd notice it.

3. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

I haven't noticed anything particularly bad on the left channel. The whole things is noisy and distorted, but that's how Slayer sounds.

NP: Tool, Salival, CD

4. Sheldon C

Sheldon C Second Unit

I wish that a band could combine Slayer's sound with actual songs that are well written. Slayer proved they could write songs on Seasons In The Abyss, but everything else has the same uncomprehensible garble with a great dark tone. In other words, I love their sound but can't get into their songs.

5. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Sheldon, I hear what you're saying. That's why, though I like Slayer, I don't listen to them as often as Iron Maiden or Metallica. Sometimes, though, it's great to blast Diabolus and head-bang your troubles away.

6. Sheldon C

Sheldon C Second Unit

Mike - I also forgot to mention that one of my all time favorite riffs is in a Slayer song. The first half of Hell Awaits has got to be the darkest, meanest, heaviest riff I have ever heard. Unfortunately, the second half of the song turns into a big mess.

On another note, have you heard any Propain? They have a silly name and I'm not crazy about the singer, but the few songs I have heard have some nice heavy riffs. Very simple strait forward stuff, but sometimes that's what I'm in the mood for. I'm thinking about buying a cd of theirs but I'm not sure what I should get.

7. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

8. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I love Slayer, and I like the latest CD. I didn't hear anything weird on it, so I think you might have a bad disc or something.
    I have Pro-Pain's first album, from 1992, called "Foul taste of freedom". I didn't know they had recorded 6 more albums + live album + "best of" since then!
    The album I have is actually really good, with some mean guitar riffs. It still sounds pretty modern, but there is some "old school" thrashing on there, (which I like [​IMG]). I'd recommend it.
    /Mike