What's new

Six Feet Under - "In the Game" (1 Viewer)

Dan B

Screenwriter
The season premiere of Six Feet Under is Sunday night, so don't forget. ;)
-Dan B

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Thanks for the reminder. Let's get a **Official Six Feet Under thread going.

Jon

JerryLA

Stunt Coordinator
After the first 15 minutes of the first episode of Six Feet Under I knew this was a program I would be looking forward to each week. Thanks to HBO there is always something good to watch on Sunday night. Reminds me of when I was a kid growing up when we anxiously waited for Disneys Wonderful World of Color and then slipped into the Ed Sullivan Show. Makes me wonder why some of the other networks can't come up with some new interesting topics for series. I guess as long as we accept and watch the lame offerings they give us, we will get more of the same. Hats off to HBO for crossing the line with shows like, The Sopranos, OZ, Sex and the City and Six Feet Under. I did see a new offering this week by NBC, Leap of Faith. At first I thought I must be watching HBO, then realized it was NBC. If they can keep up the writing and fight off the censors, this show has potential. Of course it is from the producers of Sex in the City I believe. Imagine programming like HBO offers, all week long, in HD. Wow, I scared myself!

Jerry

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully this season will be presented in widescreen.
Seeing the prevue for the new episode it appears as though it is filmed that way, and during the prevue they showed some shots from last season. I did a comparison from my VHS tapes, and the ones from the online prevue show more than the 1.33.1 shots on my VHS tapes. They are accurately framed for widescreen. So those who speculated that SFU was in full-screen were not right I guess. :)

Leo Hinze

Stunt Coordinator
Does anybody know for sure if this will be widescreen or Hi-Def?

And was anything with Claire's boyfriend ever resolved? For some reason, I can't remember where he ended up at the end of the show. I remember the father joking about how Gabe would be joining him soon. Now that he's on Alias, I'm guessing he is no longer on 6FU.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Well, now I can say it was NOT in wide screen in my area. :frowning:
Season two opens with all of the conflicts much as season one went out. Same great writing, I found my self laughing out loud at the dinner scene with the family and friends.
Looks like season 2 will be another great year, once again the actress that plays the mother shows here massive talent.
Now bring on the Soprano's already, enough of this dragging shit out HBO!

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
I don't watch alias but I do know that the guy who plays claire's boyfriend on sfu is on 24 as milo the computer dude and he was also in that julia roberts movie in a bit role ;)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I thought last night's episode was a mild disappointment. The writing and acting held my interest enough, but I wasn't "engaged" like I was for most of season one's episodes. If it wasn't for Nate taking the ecstasy, this would have been a huge letdown.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I think that episode was a way to refresh all of the plot lines from last season. It was just a refresher course for the last season. I can't believe they went back to the ecstacy in the aspirin bottle!

The one thing they really didn't get into was Brenda's brother, but they did show that it is still bugging her that she had to have him committed.

I think that they may have expected alot of new viewers from word of mouth, and wanted to introduce everyone to the series this episode.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
this is without a doubt my favorite show. it's the first time in ages that i've actually looked forward to watching a show...my girlfriend and i make a point not to miss an episode...plus i'm taping it for my brother-in-law. now he's hooked too...he always asks "do you have a tape for me?" :)
last night's episode was pretty good. as soon as i saw nate take the aspirin i knew something was gonna happen. i almost fell off the couch when he mentioned having cotton mouth and not being hungry! :D

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
The clips for the episodes are in widescreen, and so were the little "next on" segments. But not the actual episodes. Oh well, at leats the show will probably be widescreen when it hit's DVD (or if it does....)

I think the episode was good, but it didn't seem as good as the last season. I have a feeling it was simply setting the way for what's to come. Each week can't be fantastic, there have to be some that are less than great...

But some of it was classic.

"...I had a small crush on Jane Fonda."

"Well, she's single again, so now's your chance."

Dan B

Screenwriter
I also thought that this week's episode was slightly disappointing. It seemed to try to cover too many things, but I didn't find any of them as engaging as most episodes before it.
As for Brenda, last season I predicted something that might be up with her...but we'll have to see if I was right about that. ;)
Oh, and the look on Nate's face after taking the "aspirin" was dead-on & hilarious.
As for Claire, some day she will be my wife. :b
-Dan B

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
LOL, that remark reminded me...
She is married. :) Lauren Ambrose had a small section of my dad's tv guide and it mentioned that she was just married, or getting married.
I liked the trick at the beginning too, with the movie, within the show. :)
So many things about this show are appealing. I'll watch it forever, even after I'm six feet under...(Oh god, that was just so lame....) ;)

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I liked the trick at the beginning too, with the movie, within the show.
And all the while, I kept thinking... "where have I seen this actress before?" At the end, it dawned on me. She was on Ally McBeal last season, as a girl from LA who Fish brought back to Boston to be an assistant. They never explained where she went between seasons, though. I guess I can imagine her character went back to LA, fell in with a bad crowd and died of a drug overdose... yes, my own sick twisted and unnecessary version of "closure." :D
What, the characters had different names? ... um... :confused:

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Great Season Opener, buisness as Usual at the Funeral Home. SFU is really Quality Television, I especially liked the statement at the end of the ep. Looking forward to the next 12 weeks

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Good season opener, I wasn't disappointed at all. I too liked the "fake" beginning, it actually even scared me a bit.

Great scenes from the dinner party too, with the mom trying so hard to be open and non-judgmental.

/mike

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
When the opening started I said..."I always wondered if the show would have a serial killer plot murder at the beginning."

In "Familia" there was a murder, but it was more of a gang thing, this would be a blatant butchering, and is just too creepy.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Was that miss cleo!

I just remembered making an off hand remark about her resembling miss cleo.

The name in the credits was like 'Cleo Wilson' or something. My friend said it wasn't, but I'm not so sure...

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
From webmd.com:

A condition called arteriovenous malformation (AVM) is an abnormal connection between arteries and veins. If it occurs in the brain and ruptures, it can cause a stroke.
In other words, poor Nate has got a ticking time bomb in his noggin. Which, I'm sure, is making it difficult for him to deal with Brenda's self-pity.

Dysfunction on this show is like those Russian nesting dolls...

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks