What's new

Situations where Free Movie Ticket didn't work? (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure at all which forum this belongs too, but I guess Movies is a good start.

As some of you are aware, certain DVD releases come with Free Movie Passes such as American Pie: Ultimate Edition and recently, The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition.

Have any of you folks ran into any complications where the theater simply won't accept the free ticket?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If they're part of a chain that's on the list (all participating theaters are listed on the MovieCash stub), they have to take it (corporate management agreed to be a part of the promotion, that's why they're listed on the ticket). Is there a phone number on the Movie Cash that you could call and complain?

A lot of theaters will have "No Passes" posted during the first weeks of a new release. Anyone know why? And what exactly is a "pass"? If I have a gift cert to the theater, they'd better honor it whenever I want to attend. If it's MovieCash, like with TTT, then it should also be honored any time (especially since with TTT the MovieCash is only good for about 10 days). So what other "passes" are they talking about?

GregH

Agent
Usually when they're talking about no passes they mean discounted tickets you got at one time or another probably as a package. Usually they're matinee priced tickets you can use in the evening. When you buy them they tell you that they can't always work. I believe that the no passes is mandated by the movie companies since they want the entire ticket amount. Especially for movies they expect to sell out.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
Usually when they're talking about no passes they mean discounted tickets you got at one time or another probably as a package.
Yes, and they also mean the passes that people get from their employers, etc. I know a few people who had no problem using the ticket from the EE for TTT, though it may vary depending on the theater chain or the area of the country.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
The &^%&! manager wouldn't take my LOTR:TTT Moviecash for a pre-order ticket for TTT. He said since the coupon didn't start until the 18th, I couldn't pre-use it for the showing on the 18th. I should be able to use it now...

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I was worried about using the LOTR:TTT moviecash for the 'midnight' showing which was actually listed at 11:59 on the 17th since the moviecash specifically said from the 18th. The theatre took them without any problems though. It was a United Artist and it was their grand opening.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
AMC was probably the one theater chain that wasn't on the list for TTT free ticket. At least that I could see.

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
Every theater in the US should be able to process these like check even if they are not on the list. At my theater we are not on the list but we take Movie Cash checks with out any problems.

We started selling Lord of the Rings tickets the day after thanksgiving and we started getting these checks for pre sales. We just held the checks in petty cash until the 18th.

Chris

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
AMC was not on the list, but General Cinemas is. And, AMC bought them out and will take all passes and deals for General Cinemas...so, take your movie ticket to AMC! I just took mine to see Two Towers and had no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks