What's new

Pre-Order Since You Went Away (Roadshow Edition) (1944) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
183525_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I'll be holding off for a few weeks since I'd love to see another good sale and buy 3-4 more titles direct from the Kino store and bypass the middleman, but they'll have my money either way before the year is out. :)

This one was at the top of my Blu-Ray wishlist.

PatrickDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Patrick
My only concern is that the press release doesn't feature a "new 4K restoration" verbiage. I'll wait for reviews before buying. No extras either.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Including the original trailer should be standard fare for any classic movie, so many of us wouldn't consider it an extra I suppose. But just to clarify for those that do think of the inclusion of the original trailer as being an extra, Kino has confirmed that it's included here. :)

https://www.kinolorber.com/product/view/id/4839

I waited too long on the old DVD and it was expensive on Amazon in recent years (I only discovered this classic about 5 or 6 years ago), so even if this isn't the leap that it could be, I'll still be happy to add it to my collection.

rjsdvd

Agent
Real Name
Robert Short
I read somewhere that the original release prints were presented in sepia. Ideally (for me at least) the blu-ray would offer both the sepia and the standard black-and-white prints, but I suppose this is unlikely.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched the Kino Blu-ray of this one this afternoon, and it looked lovely. Maybe black levels weren't the deepest I've ever seen, but the transfer was pristine otherwise, and the sound was solid. I had forgotten how much of a tearjerker this was since I hadn't seen it in probably twenty years. Performances are superb across the board.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks