What's new

Simpsons best season (1 Viewer)

James_M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
Which season was the Simpson's best? With the DVD coming out, I was wondering if I should wait for the second season.

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Well, I'd have to go with Season Nine (1997 - 1998)...truly the cream of the crop for me. Some classics from this season include "The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson" (Simpsons visit NY), "The Joy of Sect" (Simpsons join a cult), "The Cartridge Family" (Homer buys a gun), "Das Bus" (brilliant parody of Lord of the Flies), "Trash of the Titans" (Homer becomes garbage commissioner) and my all-time favorite episode, "Lisa's Sax."
Season Four ('92 - '93) and Season Five ('93 - '94) are also really strong contenders. Sigh...remember when this show used to be funny, satirical and poignant all at the same time? There's been hardly any episodes of worth from Season Ten and on.
This message was brought to you by an anal-retentive fanboy. :)
(Oh, and to answer your question, Season One is both rough in terms of writing and animation, but has its moments. Season Two is where Matt Groening and Co. really started to find their footing. I'd reccomend the S1 DVD set.)
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)
[Edited last by Kevin Leonard on September 20, 2001 at 04:41 PM]

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
3,4,5 & 6 were my favorite seasons.
Less laugh out loud gags from season 7 onwards IMHO.
I prefer Futurama now [traitor!], it has cleverer fresher gags and I find it more consistently funny.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Seasons 4, 5, 9, and 10.
But I love seasons 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, and 12 all the same. :)
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Season's 3-6. The monorail episode, Mr. Plow, Flaming Homer... I can't wait for the first boxset, and all that follow.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Definately the 91-92 season and the next few after that. The simpsons was true comedy then, now I find myself rolling my eyes at a lot of the jokes.
------------------
you lose it here and your in a world of hurt...

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I really think that they hit their peak around the fourth and fifth seasons. I will wait until these are released on DVD before making a purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks