What's new

Simon & Simon season 1 (1 Viewer)

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I searched the forum and found no threads that specifically cover Simon & Simon so I thought I'd start one.

I picked up season 1 on DVD today and just finished watching the pilot episode. I loved this show back in the '80s and now I can see why. I was in junior high and high school for most of the show's run so I didn't know if I'd still like it today. Well... I REALLY enjoyed the pilot and look forward to finishing the remaining 12 episodes in the season 1 set. Gerald McRaney and Jameson Parker really make this show fun to watch. Anyone else pick this up today?

So... now I'll keep my fingers crossed for future season sets.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Yes, I picked it up yesterday aswell. Great Show!!! I was hoping universal would include a coupon in the set for the next season like they do for magnum, a-team, northern exposure and quantum leap. Not so much that i need the discount but that it would tell us the next season was coming soon. I hope all 8 seasons are eventually released. I will buy them all!!

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I also picked this up Tuesday and have gone thru the pilot and the first act of the second episode. Great characterization still holds up. I am an older brother and this show captures that dynamic very well.

"Rick, take a shower."
"Yes ma'am".

Funny to see a grown man respect/love his mother. Funny scene also.

Can't wait to finish these discs.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Rick & A.J. Rock!!
I just got mine from Amazon today and can't wait to get to it. Unfortunately Season One was only 13 eps. I enjoy this show more than Magnum, and also am REALLY hoping that Uni continues with the remaining seasons as well as the remaining seasons of the Hulk.
I'm hoping they will release them in a pattern similar to the Magnum releases!!

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Simon & Simon is one of the few shows that I watched back in the '80s that I still enjoy today. I also still enjoy watching both Magnum P.I. and Miami Vice. They may have '80s written all over them now but they are still fun to watch. Some of the other shows I watched back then just seem a bit... um... corny now.

I seriously hope more seasons of Simon & Simon are released in the near future. I'll certainly be adding them to my collection.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Has anyone noticed that with episode 4 "a recipe for disaster" uses the season 2 guitar riff theme and then episode 5 "the least dangerous game" it is right back to the season 1 theme. That is as far as i have watched so far, i am wondering if episode 4 was a syndicated cut by mistake ?

coryE

Agent
Real Name
cory emerson

Did you compare the running time with the other episodes? I would but I'm here at work right now.

Hopefully it isn't a syndie cut but that doesn't sound good.

Hope this set sells well so we'll get more releases like magnum has.

Cory

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
After checking out the runtimes which i should have done initially it doesn't seem to be cut. The runtime is still in the 48 minute range. So i guess they used the wrong opening credits for some unknown reason. It's weird cuz in the opening credits with this theme you see scenes from future seasons. Oh well no big deal i guess, atleast the episode itself seems to be intact.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Are there any edits to the Region 1 and 2 boxsets of the first season of Simon and Simon?

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

If it is coming out in February, probably fairly soon. I am looking forward to seeing some artwork aswell.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Well if you head over to tvshowsondvd.com Mr. Lambert has put up the cover-art for Season 2 just a little bit ago. Looks Good, nothing spectacular by any means, but it gets the job done! Can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks