What's new

Silver Streak (1 Viewer)

Anthony__P

Grip
20th Century Fox Peter Staddon,
Please release on DVD Silver Streak and Better Off Dead. These are 2 great comedies and need to be put on DVD.
Thanks,
Anthony

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
If I'd been able to ask a question at the chat it would have been about Silver Streak. Hilarious film with an all-star cast.
How about it Mr. S?
"He ain't bullshittin' 'bout the cuisine."
Rob
------------------
"That suits me down to the ground."
[Edited last by Rob Willey on August 02, 2001 at 05:50 PM]

Anthony__P

Grip
This is to Jeff Adkins,
Better Off Dead is a 20th Century Fox Movie. I have the VHS box in front of me, and it has 20th Century Fox Video all over it. So if you are gonna put your two cents in, please make sure you have the correct information.

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
Anthony,
The reason Jeff said it was a Paramount title is because there was a discussion a while back about this title and I believe it was determined that the home video rights to BETTER OFF DEAD were acquired by Paramount from Fox. Despite the fact that Fox released it on VHS. If I could search.....I would point you in the direction of that thread. There was also a Paramount request thread asking for the title after this discussion. I would love to see Fox do it.....heck I would love to see this film on DVD from any company.
:)
------------------
Regards,
Brian W. Ralston
"Success is a journey, not a destination." - Unknown

Anthony__P

Grip
Brian,
Hmmmmm... The reason why I was saying it was Fox, was because I only bought the movie on VHS like 2 years ago, and it was when it got reissued under the Fox Classic Movie Series, and it was like $10. Well whoever owns the rights to this movie, whether it be Fox, Paramount, or John Cusack himself. GET THIS MOVIE ON DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Anthony,
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...979039-6428730
Better Off Dead is a 20th Century Fox Movie. I have the VHS box in front of me, and it has 20th Century Fox Video all over it. So if you are gonna put your two cents in, please make sure you have the correct information.
Better Off Dead was never a 20th Century Fox movie. It was made by A&M in conjunction with CBS and was released theatrically by Warner Brothers. Yes, Fox at one time had it in their video library but as you can see on the link above, it is now out on video from Paramount. I have an LD of It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World and it says Fox all over it but unfortunately we're never gonna see a 5-Star Edition. Somewhere, I have a copy of From Russia With Love that says Fox on it. My point being, many rights are changing quickly (more in the last 3 or 4 years than ever before), so don't always assume that just because your videotape says a certain studio that someone else is wrong.
Jeff

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Anthony,
I don't know why you're so convinced that Fox still owns this. Anyway, here's the only info I know of.
Fox re-priced Better Off Dead to $9.98 retail on 4/18/00 and it went on moratorium approximately 6 months later.
Paramount re-released it on 12/05/00 and still owns it. This came about because Paramount purchased the video rights to films owned by CBS (which included Better Off Dead). You're also going to see some I Love Lucy TV episodes released from Paramount on October 2nd on video as part of the CBS deal (Fox used to own these also).
Jeff
[Edited last by Jeff Adkins on August 05, 2001 at 02:28 PM]

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Wasn't this about Silver Streak?
I have the WS Laser, and count me in for the DVD (if we get 100 will that pull any weight Mr. Staddon?) With Arthur Hiller Commentary if possible...
Two other Fox Titles I would kill for are
- Myra Breckinridge - uncut, this isnt even on VHS!
- Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter? - the best of the 50's cinemascope comedies IMO
thanks!

Anthony__P

Grip
Yeah, get everyone we can to muster up support for Silver Streak on DVD. I mean I would love an SE, but would settle for just a movie only DVD. Please Mr. Staddon, please get this on DVD.

DarrenA

Second Unit
I want Silver Streak on DVD as well. Great classic comedy that deserves the light of day on DVD!!

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
I haven't heard anyone mention this title in so long, I am beginning to think I'm the only one who still loves this movie.

Phil E

Auditioning
Please put me in for a vote for "Silver Streak" and how about either some vintage extras and/or new reminiscences from the surviving cast and crew? This is a well-loved film that was huge in its day and has stood up quite well for over a quarter century...coughcoughspecialeditioncough

"Cut the gas, Steve--you're a grown man!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks