What's new

Silk Plants: Good or Bad? (1 Viewer)

Don Black

Screenwriter
So, I'm looking to jazz up my apartment with some plants. However, I'm always travelling and/or working. So, I was thinking about getting some silk ones (e.g., fake) in order to add to the decor without the upkeep hassles. Does anyone have any experience with fake plants? Do they look fake? Thanks.

KDHM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kim Donald Houde-Martens
Most of my plants go two weeks between watering and sometime longer when I am away and seem to come back quite well, now if I did not have to keep getting a new cat, pets seem to take more work but its nice always having a kitten.;)
kd

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
At first glance, I thought this top was "Silk PANTS; Good Or Bad?" (Well...it depends on who's wearing them!)
:laugh: :laugh:

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Does anyone have any experience with fake plants? Do they look fake?
LOL!!!! :D :D Ya I've had experiences with them they can be very talkative at night and that ticks me off. Sometimes you have to threaten them by telling them you might make some kind of exotic shirt out of them. They all look fake compared to real plants however, some silk plants are better looking than others.
:rolleyes

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Fake plants have been known to turn on their owners. This is something that the industry doesn't want publicized. Kinda like the dog food companies knowing that more dog food is consumed by humans than dogs.
:rolleyes:
(It's been a long day)

Marianne

Supporting Actor
Some look quite realistic but you have to dust them now and again or they look like crap!

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
There are some really good silk plants, as well as some really good silk pants. We've had a bunch of purple orchids that have fooled like 2-3 guests to our house already.

You should be able to get some decent real plants though, just do a little research before buying any and of soil. One thing that I use in my soil (for tarantulas, not plants) is something called vermiculite, it's like superheated Mica or something like that and is made to retain moisture, so if you mix a bunch into some potting soil, it would help in moisture retention. I think Peat Moss is supposed to do the same... My spiders need the moisture to so that's why I use it in there.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks