What's new

Sidney Bechet (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Mosaic Select: Sidney Bechet (MS-022)

“Sidney Bechet's legacy as one of the key figures in traditional jazz, is brilliantly displayed here in this set of recordings from 1923 through 1947 for the Columbia family of labels. His mastery of projecting an extremely powerful soprano saxophone and clarinet could carry any size ensemble and was looked upon with reverence by anyone who came in contact with him.”

Mosaic Records is out to bankrupt me.
So is Bear Family Records, but that's another thread.
A few years ago I heard about Mosaic's Django Reinhardt set, 6 CDs for $96. Had to have it and they were worth every penny.
Today on NPR there was a review of a new 3 CD set of Sidney Bechet, only $44.
My eyes were getting wet listening because it was so good and because I knew I was going to be using the credit card again, soon.
These are limited edition sets so I ordered mine before telling you about them. :)
Early jazz; Django, Fats Waller, a lot of Western Swing, is a big part of my collection.
Mosaic Records sell by mail only.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Sorry, that whole post was a technical glitch and I screwed up the topic header too! What I meant to say was, when's the new Slipknot CD coming?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks