What's new

Shut up and SMiLE! (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Listening to a popular Waterloo Tejas radio station today as the midday jock featured SMiLE.
After playing Heroes & Villains and then Good Vibrations with its unusual instrumentation, the confused jock said, "There's the ther'-moe-lean." :D

Justin_P

Stunt Coordinator
I bought this album on sale several weeks ago and have been listening to it pretty much non stop ever since. Upon comparing some of the tracks with their originally released recordings (mostly the versions from Smiley Smile), I just have to say I find the near perfect imitations presented here to be sort of eerie, albeit in a very satisfying way.

I have to confess, I never "got" the Beach Boys' importance until I heard this album. Now I'm going back and checking out the original band's material, starting with Pet Sounds of course. I guess I never realized that there was more to them than girls, girls, girls, surf, surf, girls!

Anyway, wanted to pop in and say that while the album's perfection may be in dispute, it has at least helped to introduce an entire catalog of great music to a younger generation of music lovers.

Now if only they'd release it on DVD-A! (Since nonesuch is a Warner label, I figure SACD is out of the question)

Justin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks