What's new

Should I replace my Home Depot 12gauge(bare wire)with BetterCables(spades)? (1 Viewer)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
I’m considering replacing my H.D. 12 gauge (heavy clear jacket) wire for my center and mains with Better Cables 15003BB Premium II w/spade connections. Do you think I’ll be able to tell any audible difference?

Setup:
harman/kardon AVR 525
Denon DVD-2900
JBL S310-II's
JBL S-Center II
JBL S36-II's(rears)
Velodyne CHT-12(sub)
Panamax MAX 4300
23'x18'x14' (LxWxH)Living room.

DaveLenhert

Stunt Coordinator
John-

Frankly, save your money and get a few CDs/DVDs/SACDs/DVD-As.....The only reason that I would think about changing wire is if the current wire is heavly oxidized or too short for a new room configuration. IMHO, once you get to a certain speaker cable level (i'm talking anything above like 18 gage wire) the cable difference will be inaudable for most reasonably priced systems. If you are unhappy with your system, look at the speakers, Pre/Pro/Reciever, Source, amp, and room acoustics......THEN and ONLY THEN start thinking about wire cables....

-Dave

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Save your money...don't fix what's not broke as they say.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
No, but it's not such a bad idea to terminate your wire in either bananas or spades depending how you like things.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks