What's new

Should i change my receiver..Need help..pls... (1 Viewer)

selva

Grip
Real Name
Selva
Ok.. This is my home theater setup..i have a pioneer AVR vsx329k with yamaha ns8390 front speakers and surround sound speakers yamaha ns-p150.. I sold my passive subwoofer and waiting for yamaha sw-315 from amazon. Now whenever i try to play any audio or video with high sound.. My receiver shuts off automatically..why is it so.. Cant it have enough power to drive the rear speakers.. When i try with rear speakers off it can able to deliver high sound.. Pls help me on this.. I want to know whether this receiver is not capable for my home theater setup?? Should i buy some thing new.. If so how much watts AVR reqd??

Last edited:

Salacious Ackbar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Josh
Your rear speakers are not very efficient, but the receiver shouldn't have much trouble powering them, I would think. Your receiver is going into protection mode because it's being driven too hard.

selva

Grip
Real Name
Selva
Yes dude i can able to get that...i just want to know whether i have had properly set up the home theater which matches my Amp config??

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
There is absolutely no problem with that receiver and those speakers. Most likely possibility is you have a wire strand crossing from one of the surround/center connections.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks