What's new

Should i buy the JBL NSP1s online or at BestBuy? (1 Viewer)

Josef_K

Agent
Jack Gilvey gave me a URL (jandr.com) to find the JBL NSP1s for only $299.

Now BestBuy is selling the same speakers for $450.

the reason i ask is becasue i can get a 4-Year Performance Service Plan (Carry-In) for i beleive about $35-50.

im not sure what to do.

i need to make a deciesion between Dec 7-9th becasue thats when the 10% off cupon is in effect.

Josef_K

Agent
P.S.

does anyone know if BestBuy might do a Price match from jandr.com?

or em I pushing my luck?

Josef_K

Agent
Does Best Buy Price Match?

if so does anyone know where they allow prices matches from online?

Jeffrey_Jones

Second Unit
I would save yourself some money and buy from J&R. I just bought my receiver from them and it was a painless process. They have good customer support and a fairly liberal return policy for an online store.
Don't spend the money on the extended warranty. If a speaker plays out of the box it will most likely play for a very long time. I think extended warranties are a waste of money. Use that money to upgrade your interconnect or speaker wire :)
Thanks,
Jeff
PS - I do not think that Best Buy would match your J&R price.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Yes, get them from jandr. Save some cash and get yourself some good DVD's to enjoy instead.

JBL packs them good, I would not worry.

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
jandr seem to be out of stock. Try bestpriceaudiovideo.com for $279 plus $30 shipping(Ohio to FL). I had a very satisfactory transaction with them.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Best Buy's price is way too high for the JBL's. I purchased two sets of N24's over a year ago for about half what Best Buy was charging. Save the money on the service plan, too. As mentioned above, if they work out of the box, chances are remote that anything will go wrong with them in 4 years. When treated properly, speakers will last for many, many, many years.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
The JandR price is with shipping included (free), but that e-tronics price is practically stealing. :)
I thought this was a particularly good deal. The NSP-1 and PB12 sub for $510. If you're willing to shell out $450 at Best Buy for just the mains, that one seems a no-brainer.
I did get Best Buy to agree to match JandR on something a while ago. If I recall the policy correctly, they will match "local" dealers (that is, within 15 miles). Since I was at the store in Secaucus, we were actually within 15 miles of downtown Manhattan, which made JandR "local". Of course, that doesn't help you much.
Edit: Now that I look at it, shipping is killer to Arizona. $40 for the NSP-1, $85 for that package.

RichardH

Supporting Actor
Do you think the package with the PB-12 would be better than the NSP1 with the Sony Sub? I'm not interested in it myself, just asking on the behalf of others reading the thread. I've heard both subs, but only at Best Buy, and that's hardly a good place to audition subs, but maybe someone else has compared them directly in a better environment.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Well, the last time I was in Best Buy, I did get to play with, adjust, and look at the PB12 very closely. It's pretty impressive for the money, especially at online prices. It's certainly more substantial than the Sony, and has a nice, large flared port in back, which I was impressed with. I had the Sony set up in my room for quite a while, but I did find the PB12 to be the better-sounding sub when the settings are corrected from "Best Buy default".

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Jack's right, the JBL PB-12 is quite a bit more substantial than the Sony. Of course it has more than twice the power.(250 watts RMS) compared to 120 watts. These two subs are in a different league.

Wait till you get the PB-12 home and calibrate it, and play a good 5.1 movie. WOW!

Alan K

Agent
I don't know if someone was helping you at BB but the service is $60 and it adds four years to the 4-5 manufacturer for 8-9 years total, and they will replace blown speakers. Also, it is official BB policy not to match e-tailers but at some stores they are being pretty lenient about this policy, mostly because corporate are sick of the angry phone calls. I don't know that they will go down to 299, but if you are getting the service plan and some speaker wire and let the selling manager know that, they may be able to help you. Be sure to go in with a current printout from the website.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks