What's new

Should I buy The DENON avr-2802 and how to confence the wife? (1 Viewer)

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
I have the Denon avr-2800 now and love it, but Iv got the " update bug." Since SW:TPM is sapost to be 6.1 and being it will be in my dvd player most of the time I was woundering If I should go to 6.1 DTS ES? Does It have any problem with the back center bleeding into the rear's??
Oh ya,And I also need a good reason to give my wife
rolleyes.gif

Since " There's nothing wrong with the one I'v got." I checked 5 differnt web sites and all of them want $799.00 but www.goodguys.com has no sales tax or shipping cost.
Thanks for the
------------------
RCA 36 INCH TV
DENON avr-2800
Panasonic DVD-rv80
Fronts:PSB Century 1000i
Center:PSB century 200i
Rear:PSB Alpha Into LR
MTX power sub
cable/speaker wire:Kimber Kable & Illuminations V-21
YAHOO messenger: billsfan71
God Bless America
[Edited last by Eric Stuckey on September 28, 2001 at 07:06 PM]

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Tell her you cannot go on living without upgrading...hey it's the truth for some of us!

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Eric,
I think this could be a good time to start a move to seperates by picking up a 3 to 6 channel AMP. A couple of weeks ago I added a Rotel RMB-1066 6 channel AMP(6x60, 5x70, 3x150) to my setup. The sound that comes out of my speakers is just amazing now. You will hear more detail than you did before. In the future I can sell my Denon 1801 and add a pre/pro that offers the new features. Just a thought.
Kevin

ArnaudP

Stunt Coordinator
I sold my AVR 2800 and bought the AVR 3802 without my wife noticing the difference. They look identical.

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
I dont know anything about seperates.What kind( brand model #) do I need?How do I hook it into my Denon 2800?
------------------
RCA 36 INCH TV
DENON avr-2800
Panasonic DVD-rv80
MTX power sub
God Bless America

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
If you look at the back of your reciever you should have outputs for L,R,C,SL/Rand Sub. You would hook your AMP to these. What is the impedance of your speakers? Then look into AMP's in the Rotel, Anthem, Marantz, Parasound, Monoblocks, etc) that could drive your speakers.
Kevin

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
I just went with the 2802 so I can say YES you should upgrade. Besides, if you are having trouble convincing the wife of getting the 2802,it will be even harder to convince her to let you spend even more money on separates. At least with the 2802 you can tell her your going from 5.1 to 6.1. Of course you'll then have to tell her you need to buy another speaker. :)
------------------
What are we going to do tomorrow night Brain?
The same thing we do every night Pinky, try to take over the world!
Pinky and the Brain

Anthony Stephan

Stunt Coordinator
Eric,
I have to go with a previous poster who said, go ahead with the upgrade because your wife will never notice the difference. That is so true.
I'm sure you're smart enough to hide the money.
The only thing you'll have to worry about then is that sixth speaker. A small battle.
Wait till there's a time when she is working and you are not. Install the speaker and say it's always been there.
:)
Hey, this week I'll be married 23 years. I know what I'm talkning about.

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
Thanks everyone. I think I'll wait till after christmas and get one when Everyone else is taking care of.I did look at Onkyo & Sony & Marantz ,but I just love Denon. So Denon it will be.
cool.gif
wink.gif

------------------
RCA 36 INCH TV
DENON avr-2800
Panasonic DVD-rv80
MTX power sub
God Bless America

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks