how is CRUTCHFIELD.COM????

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Stuckey, Oct 1, 2001.

1. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

Im looking to buy a new Denon-2802 reciever And I like there return,service and setup help policy.
    Any big problems that they would not fix or just being ass's to you??
    ------------------
    RCA 36 INCH TV
    DENON avr-2800
    Panasonic DVD-rv80
    Fronts[​IMG]SB Century 1000i
    Center[​IMG]SB century 200i
    Rear[​IMG]SB Alpha Into LR
    MTX power sub
    cable/speaker wire:Kimber Kable & Illuminations V-21
    YAHOO messenger: billsfan71
    God Bless America

2. DonaldB

DonaldB Supporting Actor

Crutchfield's customer service is the best in the business; they will do whatever they can to help you.

3. Luke_Y

Luke_Y Second Unit

Yep if you dont mind paying their prices CRUTCHFIELD CS and support is excelent.
    ------------------
    Luke

4. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
    I have to agree. Crutchfield seems to do a great job of CS. I personally think it is worth a few dollars more for the peace of mind that I get from knowing I can always return items with no problems.
    ------------------
    -----
    Scott

5. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Yup, I guess I'll also chime in that their CS is great. To give an example, I bought a Sony mobile ES CD head unit for my car back in 1998 and late last year it decided to crap out on me, although I did not know whether it was the receiver or the wiring. I talk to Crutchfield and 2 days later I get another (free) wiring harness adaptor, another wiring guide, and a little package of crimps, electrical tape AND a crimping tool! Nowhere did I ask for them, I actually have a bunch of them already, but that's going the extra mile. Turns out my adaptor was bad although I didn't bother to figure out what was wrong, I just soldered up a new one and it fixed the whole thing.
    Recently, like 2 months ago, the unit just died, kept blowing fuses so I bought a new CD receiver from Crutchfield again. Fixing it wasn't worth the cost and it was out of warrentee..
    Jay
    ------------------
    HUGBEES! My Equipment List
    Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
    Wanna help?

6. Stephen C

Stephen C Extra

Here's an example of great Crutchfield customer service:
    I purchased a $200 Sony phone/answering machine. Crutchfield's money back return policy is for 30 days. After about 40 days, a part on the phone went bad. Sony wanted me to mail the phone to their shop and said it would be about two weeks to look it over. Not a great deal as far as I was concerned for a $200 appliance not six weeks out of the box.
    I called Crutchfield and asked if there was anything they could do for me, not expecting any help but taking a chance before mailing the phone to Sony. They took it back --- only gave me a store credit rather than the money back, but they accepted the phone, which was above and beyond their policy and what I expected.