What's new

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Shooter is a solid actioner. Celebrating its 15 Year anniversary in 2022, Paramount has released this Steelbook UHD which highlights the best of what this film has to offer. Director Antione Fuqua delivers on the excitement and manages the thrills and drama nicely. Mark Wahlberg isn’t terribly challenged in this role but comfortably delivers the unassuming heroics well. There’s something about this film that remains eminently entertaining and watchable. It’s not lost any of its thrills in the 15 years since it arrived and with this incredibly good looking and sounding 4K disc, it’s an easy one to recommend.

Disc Information

Studio: Anchor Bay
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 1080P/AVC

Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HDMA, Spanish 5.1 DD, French 5.1 DD, Other

Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish, French, Other
Rating: R...

Continue reading...

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Totally agree with your review, Neil. It's a great movie with plenty of suspense and an intriguing story. It was slightly below the radar on theatrical release, which I think was an unfair judgment by distributors. Shooter is not without its faults either, but I wish Hollywood would produce more grown-up action/thrillers for those of us who get a little tired of comic book adaptations with runtimes longer than Lawrence of Arabia. The 4K image is pristine, as you say.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
This is easily my favorite Mark Wahlberg film. Sadly, and inexplicably in my view, this UHD release has opted for DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio instead of upgrading the 2007 Blu Ray's DD 5.1 track to a Dolby Atmos mix. I'm sure it's a huge improvement but I pretty much insist on Atmos for UHD discs. At a minimum I would have expected DTS:X.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I tried to watch this last night on Netflix and one moment it looked fine and the next terribly pixilated. Tried another film, same thing. Will give it another try soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks