What's new

Shocked but surprising and very funny thing on Argo (1 Viewer)

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
when inserted argo into the player and pressed play, i was shocked. i mean really shocked and after the shock i yelled "ben you crazy bastard, thank you!" :wub: ^_^

what the hell happened you may ask... well, for the first time in years i saw the good old 70's warner bros logo when movie started.

it's funny and sad that this might be the only chance we'll see the old warner logo in hd. damn you warner for putting the new logo on all your old movies :angry:

btw, it's great movie too ;)

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Lord Dalek said:
And so does every Dirty Harry that used it.
Yeah but that WAS the logo, in its day.

We're talking about the new ones that brought it back, for movies historically period-set in the 70's. Ben, you crazy bastard. :cool:

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Yeah but that WAS the logo, in its day.

We're talking about the new ones that brought it back, for movies historically period-set in the 70's. Ben, you crazy bastard. :cool:
That's not quite what the initial post sounded like...

it's funny and sad that this might be the only chance we'll see the old warner logo in hd. damn you warner for putting the new logo on all your old movies :angry:

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
i wasn't aware that a handful of "old" movies had the original logo. for me it was the first time to see it on blu-ray/hd-dvd.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
This, from IMBD
In order to make the movie feel like the 1970s, Ben Affleck shot it on regular film, cut the frames in half, and blew those images up 200% to increase their graininess. He also copied camera movements and bustling office scenes from All the President's Men for sequences depicting CIA headquarters; for L.A. exteriors, he borrowed from The Killing of a Chinese Bookie.

nikonf5

Agent
Real Name
Mian
How do you cut film in half ?

More than likely, the sequences in question were shot on Super 8 and Super 16 and printed onto regular 35mm stock.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
nikonf5 said:
How do you cut film in half ?More than likely, the sequences in question were shot on Super 8 and Super 16 and printed onto regular 35mm stock.
I heard they basically used Techniscope for the Iran stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks