Shiva 12" Unibox Data

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by DavidLC, Apr 24, 2003.

1. DavidLC

DavidLC Agent

Anyone have the Unibox database parameters for a Shiva 12 inch? If so could you e-mail them to me?
    Thanks
    [​IMG]

2. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

The Unibox database parameters are just the T/S parameters available from the Adire Audio Shiva webpage

Re 2.9 ohms
    Le 2.12 mH
    Qms 6.5
    Mms 125 grams
    Qes 0.41
    Cms 0.47 mm/N
    Qts 0.39
    Rms 2.54 N*s/m
    Fs 21 Hz
    Sd 481 cm^2
    Vas 151 liters
    BL 10.80
    Xmax 15.8 mm one way
    EBP 51.2
    SPL 87.2 dB @ 1W/1m
    No 0.37%
    Pmax 375W per voice coil; 650W total to the driver

3. Sven_DP

Sven_DP Agent

Download all the ZIP files together with the Unibox program. Then import all the (unpacked) files. After having appended all files, sort on name. You should be able now to find the Shiva in the list (just before the Tempest). Sven.

4. DavidLC

DavidLC Agent

Thanks so much !!
    Those are a big help and confirm that I got the right data when I was digging data out of the Shiva white paper. But the program call for a bunch of other data points which I can't find or don't know the meaning of. Maybe they are not important to running the program?

Le2- Rs- Qpbva- Npbpst - Cair - Re2 - DUconfType - FbvaDvbpst_i - Ro - Pn - Qtc0 - PRName - kbpst -LinCO - Vbca_phys - Npr - Vb1bpst_phys - Lco1 -Qabca - Fsp - Qab1bpst - Rco1 - Qlbca - Mmp -Qlb1bpst - Cco1 - Np - Qmp -Vb2bpst_phys - Lco2 - Dv - Sdp - Qab2bpst - Rco2 - k - Xpmax - Qlb2bpst - Cco2 - Vbva_phys - Vbpa_phys - Fb2bpst_i - Qabva - Qabpa - Qlb12bpst - Qlbva - Qlbpa- Qpbbpst

5. Here is the onlything you should fill in:

Driver Parameter Box:
    Fs
    Re
    Qms
    Qes
    Sd
    Vas
    Xmax peak
    Nominal Power
    (Le, Le2, Re2 optional)

External components--set to 0. (you won't use it)
    ...exception: set Rs=0.1ohms (approximates the series resisance in the cabling)

Closed box:
    qtc
    Physica Vb
    (Qa and Ql are set with the dampening/leakage drop boxes)

etc....

as you can see, you only change the blue ones. the red are calculated. Some of the blues you change using drop boxes. some of the blues you leave alone at 0.