What's new

Shipping Laserdisc Players (1 Viewer)

Matthew Furtek

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone successfully shipped and received these things?
I'm having problems with receiving one, as I just got a Sony-MDP 333 broken shipped to me.
It was shipped FedEx overnight, and I believe it was insured, so it shouldn't be a loss. I asked for insurance, so it should not come out of my money. Of course if I have to return it to the seller I would have to give up the 15+ LD's he shipped correctly. That's getting a bit off topic.
That dream of watching my SW and Indy OAR LD's is slipping further and further away. :frowning:
Matthew Furtek

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Andy_A

Second Unit
I had the same problem with one bought on ebay, my pioneer DVL-919. Fortunately, the ld function still works, it just won't play dvds like it is supposed to. Good luck getting a claim with electronics through the shipper. There needs to be serious damage done to the box. You need to save the packaging for the claim, too. I knew it would probably be fruitless, even though it was shipped insured through UPS. Oh well. I'm just glad it still plays lasers..

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
I bought one here about 6 months with NO problems at all shipping. It was double-boxed in a computer box with LOTS of bubblewrap outside of the original packaging for the player. The seller did a terrific job in packaging. He also taped the door closed since it didn't have a drawer lock mechanism.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks