Shipping Laserdisc Players

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matthew Furtek, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Matthew Furtek

Matthew Furtek Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone successfully shipped and received these things?
    I'm having problems with receiving one, as I just got a Sony-MDP 333 broken shipped to me.
    It was shipped FedEx overnight, and I believe it was insured, so it shouldn't be a loss. I asked for insurance, so it should not come out of my money. Of course if I have to return it to the seller I would have to give up the 15+ LD's he shipped correctly. That's getting a bit off topic.
    That dream of watching my SW and Indy OAR LD's is slipping further and further away. [​IMG]
    Matthew Furtek

2. Andy_A

Andy_A Second Unit

I had the same problem with one bought on ebay, my pioneer DVL-919. Fortunately, the ld function still works, it just won't play dvds like it is supposed to. Good luck getting a claim with electronics through the shipper. There needs to be serious damage done to the box. You need to save the packaging for the claim, too. I knew it would probably be fruitless, even though it was shipped insured through UPS. Oh well. I'm just glad it still plays lasers..

3. Daryl Furkalo

Daryl Furkalo Second Unit

I bought one here about 6 months with NO problems at all shipping. It was double-boxed in a computer box with LOTS of bubblewrap outside of the original packaging for the player. The seller did a terrific job in packaging. He also taped the door closed since it didn't have a drawer lock mechanism.