What's new

WTB: Pioneer HLD-X9 (or LX-900) Laserdisc player wanted (California) (1 Viewer)

cltaylor12

Auditioning
Real Name
Christine
Hi, I'm hoping to find a Pioneer HLD-X9 Laserdisc player for sale to purchase as a gift for my husband. I'd like it to be (obviously used) in good to very good condition, fully functioning. It doesn't have to be pretty but MUST operate properly (within original specifications) If you have one you would like to sell or if you can point me in the direction of one, I'd really appreciate it. It's my understanding these were only ever sold (retail) in Japan and they are 38 lb.s Willing to pay whatever is reasonable plus shipping/handling, guestimate is in the price (I don't know what they cost used actually). Cordially, Christine Taylor Northern California, 95020 USA Reference: http://www.codefreedvd.com/dvd_laserdisc.htm (specifications)

Phaelon

Agent
Hi Christine - I regret that I can't help with the Pioneer but if he needs a replacement unit or second LD player I do have a Panasonic LX-900 that I used sporadically for a few years and then stored in the original box in the closet. When DVDs became available I shifted away from LD but I have a nice collection of about 50 discs - some very rare - plus the player(perfect like new condition) with remote, original packaging and manual. I've been meaning to put it up on ebay but never got around to it. it's not quite the equal of the HLD-X9 but the LX-900 and the Runco model that was based on it were considered to be among the very best LD players made 9aprt form a small handful of Pioneer models.) If you have interest the pricing would be very favorable.

cltaylor12

Auditioning
Real Name
Christine
An LX-900 with original packaging and remote sounds pretty good. I would be interested in your location, I'm told that laser disc players have trouble with being transported, sometimes resulting in alignment problems or need to be re-calibrated. I would have to look at the specifications, does it have an AC-3 out? I think it doesn't - but I don't know how important that is really. Were you keeping your discs?

Phaelon

Agent
Hi Christine - I am not planning to keep the discs. There are roughly 50 of them and all are in absolutely pristine condition with original jackets. MY GF is home for several weeks recuperating from surgery. She's dying to have a new project - I'll ask her to catalogue them and can provide you with a list of titles.The LX-900 does NOT have AC-3 out but it does have optical digital out (Toslink if I recall correctly) for audio. My location is Syracuse NY - central part of the state. I do have the original packaging and would double box for shipping. I sell refurbished espresso grinders on ebay and have become quite familiar with the type of packaging needed to ensure that UPS doesn't trash the box. That being said.... I think FedEx ground is easier on packages. Friends who ship antique lever style espresso machines that are both heavy and delicate actually prefer Greyhound bus package freight. Greyhound doesn't use automated package handling equipment - this boxes that are marked "Fragile" and/or "This Side Up" usually get handled that way. To put your mind at rest about me as a seller you are welcome to look for my ebay feedback. My ebay store is Phaelon Coffee - I have well over 600 reviews with a 100% positive approval rating.

Phaelon

Agent
Follow-up: I did d find a thread that discusses whether the optical out will support Dolby Digital or DTS and the answers are unclear. Some suggest that the optical out is only for sending audio data from audio CDs and other say it supports Dolby Digital but not DTS. http://www.smr-archive.com/forum_6/messages/1760.shtml I'm certain that the analogue audio outputs support Dolby Pro Logic with discrete center channels and surround channels. In other words... Left, Right and Center all have different audio information in them and the srrounds do as well. I don't recall whether there was .1 LFE signal available or not. Iwas using an early generation Atlantic Technology "HT in a Box" that had a bas moduel, L,C,R and surrounds but no true subwoofer. I purchased the LX-900 new about 12 months before DVD's were announced and appeared on the scene - I think that was in 1994. My geographic location changed several times over the years so the unti was often boxed up and caefully stored but it got proably two years of total use watching 3 to 5 movies per week. Always in a non-smoking houehold and I treat my gear with care - it really is in flawless condition. That being said - I'll hook it up if you're interested abd verify its current state. It has been packed up and patiently waiting for a new owner since 1999 or 2000.

cltaylor12

Auditioning
Real Name
Christine
Yes, if you could hook it up and let me know if it all the functionality is intact that would be great. Since your in NY and I'm in CA what are the odds that if it were shipped prior to the holiday it would arrive intact? I know the players can be very heavy once they are packaged properly into a shipping box surrounding the original box. Did you already tell me how much it weighs? If you would like to discuss price offline my email is ( b o n o n i s t a @ y a h o o . c o m ) I'm thinking the shipping is going to be as expensive at the player - can we estimate shipping based on weight and ground delivery? My zip is 95020-4742. A list of the discs would be nice to have but please don't have her go through any trouble. With the holiday around the corner I'm sure you're both very busy. It's really a functioning aligned quality player that I need, not necessarily more discs. That said, if you have The Beatles Yellow Submarine, I would easily take that off your hands. :P I'd change the title of this thread to reflect our LX-900 discussion but I don't seem to have the option to do so.

Phaelon

Agent
Christine - as requested... I sent you an email with photos etc. It went today from my gmail account - please check your yahoo spam/bulk mailbox if you don't see it in your regualr Inbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks