What's new

She's big, and mean....she's the TUMULT (1 Viewer)

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Mike,

I don't think it would be too bad as long as you're using it as a temporary solution until you build another enclosure/ get a stronger amp. But Dustin is right, it would not be a good long term solution. Also, ask yourself how happy you are with the dual tempests. If you are very happy perhaps consider spending the $700 elsewhere. Some very nice mains can be had/made for that kind of cash.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
It sure was a long wait. Shipping at teh end of November? Sounds awesome. I wont be able to get my hands on one until I start being a drug dealer...uh, I mean get a job.

I think I can hold up with a second Tempest. Gotta use that PE amp that I bought on that $100 sale for someting.

BTW - Now that the Tumult is out of the way, when are we going to see the vertical LCC?

Manuel Delaflor

Supporting Actor
Anthony,
About that picture. That place surely looks like a playground! I would love to spend a week or so testing all those speakers... :D

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Neil, Shipping weight is 55lbs and the driver weighs in at a hefty 48lbs. I don't know the exact magnet weight though.

Mike Strassburg

Second Unit
Mike, do I hear you correctly....DUAL ported Tempests is NOT enough for you?
Anthony,
Dual Tempests is probably just right, but dual Tumults would be too much....which obviously is MUCH better :D
So if starting from scratch what kind of enclosure am I looking at for dual Tumults? Size, ported, sealed, PR's, and how much power to drive them?

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
Mike, basically the alignment options for twin Tumults are 80-200L sealed or 200-350L PR tuned to 16-20Hz with 4-6 18" PRs. I like the looks of a 300L PR box tuned to 17-18Hz (with say 1400-2000W per driver of power.) The driver has so much linear excursion, you won't compromise much performance in the 25+Hz range with an EBS alignment.

Tom-K

Stunt Coordinator
Just ordered (2) of these puppies for my infinite baffle. I bought my LT circuit from Anthony a while back for this setup. Anybody have any recommendations for amount of amplifir power I need. Don't I/B subs require less power? If at all possible, I would like to wait to see what Stryke comes out with relating to the Amp thread.

Mike Strassburg

Second Unit
Michael,

Thanks for the response. I'm in no hurry so I plan on waiting to read some feedback once others start using this sub to see how they like it.

I'm also still considering 4 Tempests in an IB set-up. Decisions, decisions.....

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
Mike,
IMO you should wait a little bit for some more development then just buy 4-8 of these high end drivers, put them in an IB and be done with it. :)

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
I just wanted to let everybody know that Adire is extending the preorder period on the Tumult 1 week so it will now end on the 15th. According to Dan this will not delay shipping dates.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Looks beefy enough. Nothing (almost) I like like a beefy looking, heavy driver. I just may consider it for my next DIY.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks