What's new

She's big, and mean....she's the TUMULT (1 Viewer)

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Here are some pics of the Tumult that everybody has been waiting for!

Dan remeasured the prototype after the unit was broken in and the Vas increased a bit to 160L (closer to original specs) along with other very minor changes. This increased the SPL measurement to 87.1 @1W/1M. The T/S parameters have been updated on the Tumult page as well as full size pictures.

A

Anthony_Gomez

For those of you keeping track, here is a snap shot comparing the Tumult throughout the three announced spec revisions. The volumes are the same for all sealed/ported enclosures. The power was adjusted to bring them to the same spl reference level (ok..not spot on, but this is just a visual)

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
Looks like the Tumult is at 102db with only 475watts. The BP1503 was only 102db with 1000watts in a 44l. That is a big difference! with the same power input your looking at 3-4db higher effiecency at 20hz. I don't know of another driver capable of that. In a sealed configuration such as that would you really need an LT or could a BFD be good enough?

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Well, a LT lets you decide the amount of boost and change the Q where as a BFD will only let you control the boost/cut. An LT is not needed but is desired by many who want to really customize the sub to their specs.

A

Anthony_Gomez

the BFD can sometimes work well as a psuedo LT, and at other times, it cannot. It all depends on the target responce. if you are trying to extend below 20hz, the LT is absolutely the way to go.

If you are considering using the BFD as an LT, you really need to model it yourself. You might be perfectly fine, of you might get something funky.

A

Anthony_Gomez

looks like you guys overloaded the server :frowning:
no pictures for you.
Good day.
I said good day
:angry:
;)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Dustin,
I really want to see a picture of this thing sitting next to me! :) Actually, I'll be able to see a picture of 3 of them sitting next to me when they finally arrive!

A

Anthony_Gomez

Brian, When you finish the enclosures forthose three, ship them over to me :)
Those tumults deserve to be mounted like the 1503's below :)

Chris Lanni

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christopher
Patrick,

Hope you didn't get your hopes up too much, but that is a belt that you're looking at. The black thing is the belt loop. If I hadn't looked closer I would have thought the same thing.

Chris

RickBlacker

Stunt Coordinator
LOL... Ya that buttcrack thing. When I got my VERY first glance, I thought he was wearing a thong. :laugh:
Definitly had to take a closer look.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Dang it! The Tumult looks so pretty. Now I'm going to have to put a plexiglass window in my home sub with some neon that pulsates to the music. Why must you torment me so Kyle and Dan?

Seriously though what effect would a plexiglass window have on the sound and rigidity of an enclosure? I'm going to do a 4 15" PR setup.

Seth

A

Anthony_Gomez

Seth, you'd need a pretty darn thick plexiglass window! How big of a window are we looking at?
I thought "who's the plumber?" when I first glanced at the photo!!!
The "plumber" in the "blackthong" is Mike Thompson. Some of you may know him from the Bass List :)
The guy next to him is John Brodie of QSC Audio.

A

Anthony_Gomez

Pat, Scott isn't wearing his glasses, so the butt crack shot is a black thong shot...that is why he is so excited :D

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Californians...you've got to make allowances for them. Hey, lots of nice looking speakers. Is that your home, Tony?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks