What's new

Sharpvision XVZ9000U, is this a GOOD Price??? (1 Viewer)

Brae,

I'm using a Pioneer Elite DV-38a, and an Earthlink 6000 HDTV receiver direct for ATSC and thru a Silicon Image iScan Pro for NTSC - this works a little better than the JVC or Sharp's own de-interlacers. I've heard a lot of folks complain about the dreaded Chroma Bug withthis DVD player, but honestly, I haven't noticed it. This thing really looks good on the Sharp - noticeably better than even the Sony DVP-9000ES, which is an excellent machine.

BTW, SpeedandSound.com and Federalstereo.com both have discounted prices on these pieces, as well as the new Pioneer Elite DV-47, and both offer them with factory warrantees. Both sites accept Visa, and MC which gives you a little known advantage called the "Cardholder's Agreement". If you don't like it, no matter what the retailer tells you, you can return it in the first 60 days for a full refund, or the retailer puts his Visa program into probation. Pricejapan's Paypal arrangement is a lot more risky for this reason - once your money goes to Japan through Paypal, you probably lose all your leverage to return a defective projector. I'm sure that PriceJapan runs an honorable business, but it's 10,000+ miles away !!

- Binger

ProjectorCentral.com just released reviews on two new HDTV LCD projectors from Sanyo and Epson. They both reportedly rival the Sony HDTV LCD machine........the competiton is heating up, and as a result, prices are dropping rapidly !!!

Brae

Supporting Actor
Actually, many people using PriceJapan are not using PayPal, which will soon be called (joke, here) Epay as Ebay bought them. What they are doing is using a direct transfer of monies from one bank account to another bank account.

And, considering that PJ.com has not one bad remark based on the plethora of Sharp, Marantz, and Panasonic projector sales I would say its about as safe as it can get. And the PJ.com zero tolerance for dead-pixels may go beyond what even the USA warranty is willing to offer.

Hanwook_K

Stunt Coordinator
One word of caution (or really just to let you know) on PriceJapan. If the PJ does break and you have to use the Japan Warranty you send it directly back to PriceJapan and he'll get it fixed but YOU pay shipping back and to ... but realize this may only cost $200 so overall saving $2000 for a small risk that you'll have to return it - still sounds good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks