What's new

Sharp eye on end credits for Dennis the Menace Season One (1 Viewer)

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
If you have Dennis The Menace, Season One from Shout! Factory, pay close attention to the closng credits of several episodes, particularly the one about Dennis & The Rare Coin. When you see the production personnel, the IATSE, Westrex, and NAB bugs with characters/events discalimer underneath, with the theme music playing, but then it dissolved to the Screen Gems/Columbia 'torch lady I' bumper with the theme music coming to an end as usual. I swear they plastered over the Colex Enterprises logo on an old tape from the 1980s ( a joint venture between CPT/Lexington Broadcast Services to syndicate old Screen Gems shows). A nice way to restore the torch lady like that!

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Shout Factory has stated that what they used are the transfers created in the mid 1980's for Nickelodeon when they started to air the series. So you very well could be correct.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I remember most of Nickelodeon's tapes having the torch lady on them. This must not have been one of them.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
I think the end credits of on particular episode had all the graphics and that 'tornado fireman' in the lower left shrink a little, beacuse they had to use another master to plaster over the Colex bumper. Another clever way of doing things by Shout! for Dennis The Menace. For season two, its the Screen Gems/Columbia 'torch lady II' with a voiceover announcemnt by Hal Gibney!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks