What's new

Shameless promo inside ICE AGE dvd case (1 Viewer)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Simply throw the advertisement away! HELLO
It's not a loose insert; it's a sticker that is semi-permanently affixed to the plastic of the center disc holder. I've begun removing it, but so far I'm just making more of a mess. I'll take some adhesive remover to it when I get a chance.

Carl - Did you really think we wouldn't know to just throw it away if such were not the case?

I know, I know...it is on the inside and relatively easy to ignore. My concern is not that I'll get re-offended every time I open up the case. My concern is that advertisements (in general, not just on DVDs) are getting more and more intrusive and offensive. Pretty soon Procter & Gamble is going to start slapping Pampers stickers on newborns' bottoms in hospital nurseries.

Jon

Colin-H

Second Unit
MIKE HUTMAN YOU ARE MY HERO. You are 100% correct, sir. I try to convince people in Rhode Island of this simple fact and no one believes me:
IF YOU CANNOT FOLD THE SLICE IT IS NOT GOOD PIZZA.
James Bergeron, go to Trenton, NJ. Best pizza in the world. However, it seems like you base the quality of pizza on the amount of toppings, so you might just want to stick to Pizza Hut. ;)
And in a sad attempt to save this post:
Best Buy. No sticker.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
I suggest that everyone write to Papa John's pizza and tell them the ad has caused you to NOT want to order pizza from them any more.
This is their feedback page
Let's put this to bed before other retailers start to think it is ok to do this.

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
This must be a local thing. Papa John's doesn't operate here in NYC, & people here generally don't bother with national chains, since there are great, local pizza shops run by REAL Italians pretty much in every neighborhood that blow away ANY chain's pies. Generally, the only people patronizing the Pizza Huts are families that need a lot of cheap pizza to feed a lot of kids (who wouldn't know any better)--REAL pizza is just too easy to come by here. BTW, Chicago may be the DEEP DISH pizza capitol, but NYC is the REGULAR pizza capitol!
BTW, no sticker on my DVD, bought at Best Buy, Long Island City.;)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I thought it was crass when I first saw it on the back of the center disc flap but I just ignore it now. Being anal is an aid as far as attention to detail or keeping the house clean but there is a line you can cross between "Anal" and "Obsessive".;)

Rodon

Second Unit
You could purchase a new case? They are pretty cheap. It would be less than the price of the $3 off coupon.

Papa John's is not known for the Best Pizza Award (that award goes too ZaZa's, beats Papadoughs hands down in my opinion) in my house but I do like it occasionally and the peppers and Garlic Butter sauce are pretty good.

Try bacon and onion one a pizza of theirs - pretty good combo on their original doughy tomatoey gooey pizza. I like it at least.

Bloomington, Il, had their coupon - bought my Ice Age from Circuit City.

One good note for Papa johns - when I went in to get my coupons for Ice Age (because the box did not have them even though I specifically asked for one) they asked my how many coupons I wanted, I said three and they gave them to me no questions asked. Me and my friends saved the price of the $9 pizza we ordered - not too bad I guess.

I did fill out a nasty complaint to Papa Johns pizza however about the coupon - just felt the need to tell them to at least use non-cement like glue.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Sorry for the late reply David, I didn't think I would get a anwser. Anyway, my dvd was bought from Target.

By the way, I notice something strange the other day. Some of the Ice Ages dvds come in white case, while other have black cases. I have the black case, since I wasn't paying attention (like the black cases anyway).

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm. Could the sticker be a white case/black case thing?
Since several people said no stickers at Wal-Mart (though now I see someone say there was), I went ahead and got a copy from WM Weds (before the holiday rush, eh?). Paid $14.xx for it (beating everyone else's prices by a bit). It is a white case. I was told by the missus that it will wait under the tree for Christmas, and I think by then she hopes I'll forget all about this sticker business. Blah, I hope there's not a sticker in it. I don't recall seeing any black cases there, so I probably didn't have a choice.
Kay Serrah Serrah. :D

Carl Mulder

Stunt Coordinator
you know i advertisements in audio cd's I buy, but it doesn't change my overall enjoyment I get from the product.
I can't see the problem because the only reason your getting amazing transfers now is because of the amount of money being pump into DVD.
Everybody owns DVD because it's a great product, noo other reason.
One thing I don't like with DVD becoming mainstream is the constant fullscreen releases. Im sorry DVD is for hardcore film collectors not joe average down the street.
But you have to take that I think because as long as I buy all of my DVD'S in widescreen then their's no problem.
I LOVE HOW FAR DVDS COME.

Christopher a

Stunt Coordinator
But you have to take that I think because as long as I buy all of my DVD'S in widescreen then their's no problem
Once again, let me explain. You don't have the choice of buying all of your dvd's in either widescreen or Pan & Scan. When you popped in your Ice Age dvd, did you see that little menu pop up giving you the option of widescreen or pan & scan? That is because both are located on the same disc. Nobody gave you the option of buying which version you wanted. The studio decided for you. Don't pretend like you buy "all of your dvd's in widescreen". I'd be willing to bet you have quite a number of Pan & Scan discs in your collection given the above senario. And yes, it is a waste of bite rate and has no place on dvd.

Chris

Louis C

Supporting Actor
When you popped in your Ice Age dvd, did you see that little menu pop up giving you the option of widescreen or pan & scan? That is because both are located on the same disc. Nobody gave you the option of buying which version you wanted.
I agree.

Unfortunately, there are only two options.

1. Don't buy the DVD, in which case you miss a great movie.
2. Buy the DVD and write the studio to complain.

If you do the latter will they care? I doubt it.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I got the sticker thing in mine but i dont really care. Its a STICKER on the back side of the first spindle. Its not like its on the outside of the darn thing in lights. As for the coupon books inside ice age. They are in almost all releases now by major companies. Heck if your a hockey fan you get NHL Hockey bucks which for some teams gets you a buy 1 get 1 free hockey ticket. not a bad deal

Capt

Jedrek

Stunt Coordinator
I bought mine at Best Buy (I got the black keepcase, but wanted white, heck it is "Ice Age" isn't it?), and got NO such sticker.

Great DVD, if I might add. The Menu's kinda felt mediocre though.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Everyones worried about stickers. I go to pop in my Ige Age Disc 1 and what comes up. The special features from disc 2. Pop in Disc 2 and the same thing. Darn manufacuring error. But amazon is sending out a replacement ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks