What's new

Sexist state trooper story (1 Viewer)

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
I ended up reading the entire thread...

Priceless! :D

I'm surprised that Calvert's wife seemed to feel that the punishment was too harsh... I certainly don't!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Pretty funny. And that cop was obviously not an X-Files fan (or watched ANY current television programming).

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
What an idiot (the young cop). I think his punishment is well deserved in this case. Did he just step out of the 50's or something? I feel sorry for his wife or girlfriend.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Boy, did that cop have a bad day after that. How long does it take to remove that much foot from your mouth?

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Just proof that there are still idiots in the world. Am I the only one that thought that this was a little odd though:

Just something about two people driving around casually armed seems like a completely foreign concept (which I suppose it is). Glad that things seemed to be handled with some civility afterwards (i.e. not filing a lawsuit or something).

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member

In the US I believe many kinds of law enforcement officers are required to carry their firearms at all times because they're essentially always on duty. They are obligated to respond if they see a crime in progress. As for the guy carrying a gun, well he's in Texas, there's a fascination with guns in Texas that's just a little odd.

But then again, if your wife was carrying wouldn't you want one to? :D

PhillJones

Second Unit
Last time I visited some relatives in Texas, I walked in to the room and was about to hoist my suitcase onto the bed to unpack befor I caught site of a loaded revolver just sitting on the bed.

I had to think long and hard as whether to insist that my wife and I leave immediately. I didn't, but I certainly wasn't happy, somebody could have been seriously hurt. The guy whos gun it was, wait for it, is a police officer. I didn't even say anythin to him about it but he started making excuses straight away. He saiud he didn't want to leave his gun in the truck because he'd had two guns stolen out of his truck that year.

There was just so much about it that was wrong.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
It is fascinating that a 20 something would be so mired in decades old attitudes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks