What's new

Setup help for SVS Ultra + Crown K1 (1 Viewer)

JackIR

Stunt Coordinator
Through the great discussion of this board I bought a SVS Ultra sub and a Crown K1 amp. This is by far the best combination I have heard.
Here's a quick setup question. The Crown K1 has two channels, each rated 550 watts @ 4 ohm. I am using only one of the channels to drive the sub. Since the sub's max is 500W, this sounds like the right setup. Because I am not using the other channel on the Crown, is there any advantage to bridge the two channels for 1,500 watts?
Thanks for your help guys.:D

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi Jack, glad to hear this system sounds good to you.
I wouldn't bother bridging the amp into a single CS_Ultra. You'll exceed the travel limits of the driver eventually...and best case would only have you picking up maybe a dB(of max output) before those limits are reached.
When you're ready to up the ante' a little...just add a second CS_U...6dB more headroom :)
TV

Bruce N

Second Unit
You get 6db when you place them side by side. I think this is called 'coupling'.

Bruce

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
If you add an identical subwoofer AND 2x the total voltage(amp power)...you gain 6dB if the subs are placed next to one another.

If you add a second sub...but keep the same amp power, you gain 3dBs if both units are placed close together.

TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks