What's new

Setting up my TV for surround (1 Viewer)

ScottJChap

Auditioning
I haven't really used someones surround sound while watching TV (I always use it when watching DVDs)since I was very young, so I was wondering if it were possible to hook my system up so I can just switch on the reciever and not have to put my TV on video 1 or somehing to listen to Surround

Tim K

Second Unit
well, it depends on your TV and your source for television. First, do you have cable or DSS? How do you have that connected to the TV? Second, does your TV have audio outputs on the back of it (red and white plugs)? Third, do you always want to use your receiver for sound when watching TV or just sometimes?

Once these questions are answered then your question can be answered more easily. Without knowing your setup, all I can say is YES it is possible, but cannot advist you on the "how".

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Most TVs have only one or two audio outputs, and when you hook that to the receiver, the sound from whatever is on the screen (broadcast) will be sent to the receiver. As mentioned, cable is a different story.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks