What's new

Setting TiVo to get AOTC trailer and most of Alias? (1 Viewer)

Ernest Aguayo

Stunt Coordinator
We all know the new, longer, AOTC trailer is on this Sunday between Malcolm and X Files. My question since I only have one TV and one TiVo:
What times should I set my TiVo to start and stop recording so I can get the best of both worlds: the trailer in its entirety and as much of Alias as possible so I don't miss anything important?
I was thinking:
8:57pm-9:03pm FOX for AOTC
9:03pm-10pm ABC for Alias
Will the above ensure I get all of the AOTC trailer? i.e, is FOX ending Malcolm and starting X Files right on time or will they move them slighty to show the AOTC trailer?
I know this is a nit-picky question, but I figure you guys would understand my concerns. ;)
Thanks.

Sam Graves

Stunt Coordinator
Ernest,

I feel your pain. My girlfriend refuses to miss a minute of Alias. I will probably set my TiVo to do the same as you:

8:57pm-9:03pm FOX for AOTC

9:03pm-10pm ABC for Alias

Ernest Aguayo

Stunt Coordinator
d'oh!

I just remembered: when you set up recording manually, you can only do so at 5 minute increments so I guess it's gonna be:

8:55pm-9:05pm FOX for AOTC

Then I'll manually stop the recording early (as soon as the trailer is over) and then switch over to start recording Alias on ABC. (Even if I end the manual recording early, it should still save the part it did record, right?)

Good luck to everyone else in the same boat as Sam and me!

Ernest

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Don't forget that you can add a minute or two to the beginning or end of a manual recording on TiVo. Experiment with the options; you may have more flexibility than you think.

M.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
All what I will do is press record on my vcr as soon as the trailer starts, then when it ends, then I will flip over to Alias since I want to see what Roger More looks like these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks