What's new

Seti@home pt. 2 (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Our internet connection at work went down yesterday AM and was down all day, so I didn't even know I was number 1 until today! A little surprised, actually. I thought I wouldn't catch Jeff until next week.
Even better is HTF cracking the top 100! Way to go guys! Let's keep moving on up!
------------------
Too many DVDs, too little time...

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Damn! We crack the Top 100 and I am out of town! To make up for it I shall hoist an adult beverage to salute my SETI crunching brothers and sisters :)
One Top 100 down, one more to go...

Mike Gariepy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Wow. Sorry everyone, but I didn't even notice that HTF had a group until just now. I've joined and added my 760 units to the pot.
I'm now a prowd member of the HTF - SETI Olympics!
olympics.gif

------------------
roll-em.gif
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/equipment/28698.html http://www.intervocative.com/cgi-bin/mycollection.exe?&alias=mikegariepy

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Mark - good question! I joined the HTF in March or April 1998 (if my memory serves me correctly!) During one of the software upgrades, my username and password stopped working. Maybe at that point the info was lost...
Mike - welcome to the group!

MikeSerrano

Second Unit
I've already installed the Windows command-line version on nine P2's--hopefully I'll add six more by week's end. Also, I plan on setting up an additional 30 Celerons in 2 to 3 weeks. These computers will run for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, for the next 9 months--hmmm... 45 computers concurrently running Seti@home in the background for around 1,600 CPU hours each for a total of 72,000 CPU hours (how many CPU years is that?
wink.gif
). Look for me to move up the list in short order.
biggrin.gif

(I should crack the top 100 tomorrow... :))
-Mike

Joseph Howard

Stunt Coordinator
Alas, my workers were liberated today by an
electronics class. My computers were nicely
chugging away until the profs using the room
started doing their own stuff. Drat.
I'll have to be sneeky about it. Seti will secretly
reappear on the machines tomorrow. (I hope.)
--Joe
**Proud Member of Seti-Anonymous**

Wade

Stunt Coordinator
We are kickin' some serious booty here
cool.gif
. Keep it up!
Woohoo!!! I'm almost in the top 10. I've got to keep telling myself, "I think I can, I think I can". That BigTim guy just wont cut me any slack :). We've been going back and forth for over a week now. I lost a little ground last week when my main computer went down, but I'm back to full speed now.
Wade (AKA Mister Gin)
crazy.gif

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
My stupid question...
I know that a lack of slaves is a handicap, but my average CPU time per work unit it lower than about 66% of the members ahead of me, so why am I slipping slowly down the rankings, instead of up?
When you explain this to me please use stick figures and simple terms. :)
Thanks,
------------------
We Are Everywhere

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
Jim,
You hit the nail on the head with your first sentence. Lack of Slaves. I have SETI@Home running on two PCs (PIII-400 and PIII-500), so I average 5.5 work units a day at an average of 9h 26m. Wayne, who just passed me last week, has three PCs - all slower than mine, his average is 11h 16m per work unit. But because he has three of them running, he's averaging 6 to 7 work units a day and therefore passed me, even though his time pre work unit is no where close to mine.
------------------
pat----
home: [email protected]
work: [email protected]

Mike Gariepy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
When I joined the group the other day, I fully expected my work units to be donated to the group, but they have not been, even though it looks as if I have.
I loaded the page into a spreadsheet and totaled the units received column, it came to 59076, not the 57729 it shows now.
I was previously, a member of another group, in which I was the founder and only member. I quit that group and joined the HTF, but SETI still shows the group as having my units, with 0 members.
Any ideas on how I can fix this?
------------------
roll-em.gif
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/equipment/28698.html http://www.intervocative.com/cgi-bin/mycollection.exe?&alias=mikegariepy

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Mike, unfortunately, units previously allocated to a group cannot be moved to another group. Your previous units will stay in the group they are presently in, even if that group no longer has any members.
But all your units from here on out will be ours!
No big deal. In the long run, it's how long you stick with us, not how much you bring when you come in that counts.
Welcome to the group!

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
This is a BIG milestone for me!
My "Average CPU time" just dipped below 10 hours!!!
I gotta take these little victorys wherever I find them. :)
------------------
We Are Everywhere

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I've got 3 completed units to upload at home, but the command line client is giving me an error when it tries to upload. I think this is the first time I've tried to upload a unit since installing Windows ME. I wonder if Windows ME is the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks