What's new

Seti@home pt. 2 (1 Viewer)

Mike Gariepy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I downloaded the new 3.03 client for Windows today and I must say I'm not impressed. Where I usually average 8 1/2 hours per unit, the new client is currently 6 1/4 hours into my latest work unit and it is only 53% done!
Yikes!
------------------
"Help! Somebody call IXII" - Disney's Hercules
My HT Equipment | My DVD List

Robert Elrod

Agent
Not to mention the fact that the damn server won't connect... I have work units completed, and they can't upload!!! I went from about 3 units a day to one.
------------------
Robert Elrod
www.perfectfusion.com
Feel free to visit my DVD or Link Removed lists.

Lary Larson

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone else think it might be a good idea to start a new thread before trying a membership drive? I know I'd be pretty intimidated if I was asked to join "the cause" and found a 9 page thread waiting for me.
I'd also be willing to use a link to the new thread in my signature (maybe something like: "Want to help the HTF find ET? Click here!). If others who post more did the same, it might help.
Just a few thoughts.
Lary

Chris White

Second Unit
Good idea Larry. It is about time to start a new thread. Meanwhile, we have passed up CAE, University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Ranking Update!
All Seti Teams #150

------------------
The Whites' Home Theater Website
Pictures, DIY Projects, Glossaries, FAQ, Links, Toshiba Tips & Tweaks

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor
Just broke 5000 units! Wooo hooo!
I have been at about 50% of capacity but I will kick it up a notch over the next few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks