What's new

SETI@home Part 3 (Take 2) (1 Viewer)

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Hey guys,
I was able to secure the use of 18 AMD 1.4Ghz machines for the summer. In two days I've crunched 112 data units.
I think I'm going to be moving up some places this summer :D
-Marshall

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Whoa dude. I'm averaging 28 units a day, peaking at about 37 on weekends when my best workstations are completely idle, and you're doubling my speed. You'll catch up with me in about a year.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
And to think I'm happy that I've jumped to 7-10 units a day! I was able to load SETI on a file server at work and also have it running in the evenings on another machine. But I don't think I'll be able to match the firepower some of you (Wayne, Marshall, Daniel, etc.) have.
Great to see us moving back up in the rankings!

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Well, I only have these slaves over the summer. Sometime in August I'll go back to crunching about 6 per day. Man, it's fun raking them in for now though :D
-Marshall

Steve Deacon

Stunt Coordinator
The hookup to the 100Mbs link is now working, so unit transfers are now back to normal. Anyone else had trouble with the rest of the Seti site? Pretty much everything is broken at the moment, and it's been like this for more than a week.

Chris White

Second Unit
I submitted about a dozen units Wednesday evening and was pleasantly surprised that the entire transfer went through without any delays. Some of the statistics pages are still down however.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
A while back they moved the statistics pages to a different URL, now it seems they've moved them back to the original location. I had to update my Favorites link to the HTF team page.

Steve Deacon

Stunt Coordinator
What's the current link to the HTF stats page? I've tried doing a search, but I just end up seeing the source for a perl script, or I get dumped back to the home page.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
I just started processing again after almost a 2 year leave. I had firewall issues but it seems to work fine now so I'll be helping the cause.

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
Effective today ... #9. :emoji_thumbsup:
smiley_beertoast.gif

Chris White

Second Unit
Congrats Pat. I managed to slip by Wade into the #7 spot this past weekend, but at the rate you're processing units, you'll be passing me soon.

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
Chris,
Thanks. :b
I'm just pretty "lucky" right now. I've got a 2 node cluster with two P3 Xeons & 2GB of RAM per node that we use for DBMS testing. Right now we're in-between product evals and aren't working any problems that require us to tax the box at all, so nearly all of the cycles are going to SETI. :)

Chris White

Second Unit
The 500 Mhz PIII in my office is scheduled to be replaced in the next couple of weeks with a 1.7 Ghz PIV, so maybe I'll be able to hold you off for a few months. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks